“Great sammiches!”

Paradiso Cafe
Ranked #18 of 93 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Paradiso Cafe is a hot spot on the island. Best known for serving gourmet sandwiches and salads. Everything is made fresh and delicious.
Hood River
“Great sammiches!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Paradiso came highly recommended to us around the island, but it was always so full of hipster backpackers that we avoided it quite frequently. Looking back now, I wish we would have gone sooner.

After a LOOOOOOONG day of sun and snorkeling around Turneffe Atoll, we were famished. You know that point? Where you are so hungry, NOTHING sounds good. After walking from Cafe Paradise (the yellow place opposite end of town from the split) to the split, we finally stopped at Paradiso. The service was a little slow, but the kid was super friendly as was the owner (who was handing out flyers for her other venture, the outdoor cinema).

The sandwiches were fricking amazing! Huge, delicious, meat loaded goodies. I got the smoked turkey and Ham and the lady ordered the smoked turkey. It was the perfect thing to fill our bellies after a long day. I had a fruit smoothie to drink which was quite tasty and the lady had some iced coffee, which I equally enjoyed.

We tried breakfast the next day and although it was good, the kid waiting was being run ragged by too many seats and broke hipsters wanting to chill for the free wifi.

I would definitely go back for lunch, but there are better places, away from the hostels, for breakfast.

• Visited March 2014

Magog, Canada
“Yummy”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Excellent food. Little bit more expensive but worth the price. Big big plates that youcan share.healthy foodsuch as salads fruit juice sandwiches. Salads are delicious mmmmm

Visited April 2014
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Good Food, Great Location, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We stopped in here several times during our short visit to Caye Caulker. A fruit smoothie (choose your own combination from the fresh fruits they have on hand) in the afternoon can be delicious. The goat cheese omelette in the morning was outstanding. They had a similar -- but huge -- breakfast sandwich that not only was enough for my friend's breakfast, we split the other half later for lunch. Coffee was good. Staff were friendly. If you can't snag one of the comfy lounges that look onto the main street, one of the tables in the back is nice and quiet.

• Visited March 2014
Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favourite daytime place to hang out.”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have been coming to Caye Caulker for years and eating at Paradiso since they opened. I know from experience it is very hard to source out fresh and healthy foods/meals on the island so I know I can count on Paradiso for a great lunch and some wine or cocktails in the most perfect location to watch the world go by. It's one of my first stops as soon as I land!

Visited January 2014
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“DELICIOUS but pricy”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The food was fantastic, the eating area was my favorite on the island with comfy beach chairs and a canopy. But it was quite pricy for a sandwich shop/breakfast place.

Visited March 2014