“Good experience average food”
Review of Fran's Grill

Fran's Grill
Ranked #50 of 93 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Dublin
“Good experience average food”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We shared the mixed grill plate at Frans. There was nothing wrong with the food at all, but it was nothing special either. Fran is a character and its funny sitting back and watching the madness. Definitely worth a visit whilst you're in Caye Caulker, but don't be expecting a taste sensation!

• Visited May 2013

London, United Kingdom
“A CC institution”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Fran is a great character and her food is fantastic. Good portion sizes, amazing coconut shrimp and an endless supply of 'Panty Rippers'!
Its good to eat dinner on the beach watching the world go by. When we ate at Fran's there was a group of other tourists who seemed to have some kind of problem with the prices. They were quite rude and we couldn't really understand as you got plenty of food for the price and there was good banter to be had with Fran and other diners. Besides, Fran is not a lady I would want to mess with!

• Visited May 2013
Rogers, Arkansas, United States
“Worst place I ate in Caye Caulker”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Food was expensive compared to the other spots and not near as good. I had the lobster and barracuda, both were the worst I had on the island and cost more than I spent anywhere else. I figured after waiting over an hour to get my food that anything would taste good, but I was wrong.

• Visited August 2013
“Fran you are my girl”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I could not imagine Caye Caulker without having dinner on the beach park bench with Fran cooking up the daily fresh catch on the barbeque and creating great plates and a super atmosphere at a backpacker price

Visited August 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“rustic but good”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The coconut curried shrimp and garlic shrimp were very good, but took a long time to prepare. We were her only customers. It was raining, so they let us eat at The Oceanside nightclub (what a dive!). Go when it's not raining, and eat outdoors at her picnic tables, overlooking the ocean.

Visited September 2013