“Love the Little Kitchen!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Little Kitchen

The Little Kitchen
Ranked #25 of 92 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Central American, South American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Portland, Oregon
“Love the Little Kitchen!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed on CC for two weeks in May '13 and ate here every night for the whole trip (except Sundays when they're closed). I had everything on the menu and loved every bite. My fav's in order: coconut snapper, whole grilled snapper, coconut shrimp, garlic ginger snapper, grilled chicken, curry conch, coconut barracuda then start over and do it again. All these come on TWO plates - one for the main dish and one for the sides. Oh the sides were amazing: light and fluffy coconut rice, mashed potatoes, slaw. For appetizer or lunch have the salbutes - three on a plate for $5 Belize. Don't miss this place if you like great food. It's off the east side (leeward) street not far from the a/p. In a local neighborhood which is great because the typical tourists don't go there. The grandmother cooks, her daughters serve and the 4 year-old grand daughter chats with diners. I almost hate to rave about this place because I don't want it to change before I can get back. Beautiful spot to watch the sunset.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank czechboy49

“Awesome local joint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Nice view, good food, real piña coladas and reasonably priced food. We were all alone on a Saturday night watching the sun go down. I love the fact that 3 floors up you could look through the floor to the ground, but it was sturdy and clean.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Rachel A
Claremore, Oklahoma
“Excellent fresh cooked meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a great little place off the beaten path. Don't let the surroundings deter you. The food is excellent. You have to go up a couple flights of stairs that are sturdy to the roof top. There you have a few of the western horizon. We were the only ones there on our visit. The waitress (Sasha) took great care of us. The wait was not bad, but I could see it taking longer if they were busy since everything is cooked to order in a small kitchen. The Coconut Snapper and Garlic Butter Shrimp were both superb. Only wish they would have had some of there carrot cake for dessert. We will go back.

2 Thank baldies84
California
“Feeling like in Belize”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Out of the way and a surprise view of the other side of the Caye. Really could go back here to eat. Food not spectacular but none of the food in Belize is. Careful if ordering the jerk chicken. It was very salty but I think that that is how it usually is. Don't bother with the conch fritters. The location is great. Lots of stairs to get to and is off the main drag.

1 Thank painnurse
Belgrade, Montana
“Not very good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

So we were told to go to The Little Kitchen one night for dinner. We were on the look out for authentic local food. I have to say that I was disappointed with the food. We tried several things and none of them really had any flavor, it was just bland. Did I mention that the prices were pretty high. It was about 40 American for 3 of us to eat, without a tip. We took our own water and did not have anything else to drink. I also have to say that the chicken and fish tasted like they were old. We should have not eaten it because later that night all three of us got sick and it lasted through the next day. If you do go there make sure to take bug spray because you will get eaten alive.