“Interesting and pleasant dining experience”
Review of The Little Kitchen

The Little Kitchen
Ranked #28 of 94 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I went here on the recommendation of the owner of the apartment we were renting. Everything we ordered was very good and the service was acceptable (excellent compared to some of our other Caye Caulker restaurant experiences). Excellent value as well.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Once we finally found it, we enjoyed walking into the restaurant to find only two kids (like 4&8!) eating their dinners. These kids apparently live there. Being the off season, there were no other diners but we were welcomed and taken care of well. Everyone should eat at least one meal here.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Food is similar in quality to what you can find around the island. What really makes little kitchen is the fact that you have to search for it and once you discover it, you'll find yourself on the roof of someone's house with views of the ocean. The family is very nice and were singing karaoke while we ate. The local ginger wine($3US) is a must. We got the creol lobster ($10US slightly over cooked, but still good) and coconut curry fish ($10US) which both came with rice, garlic bread, and small salad. We also had the fish panades as an appetizer, a little salty but tasty ($1.50US). Highly recommend if you like adventures. Head away from the split on the main road and take a right at Tropical Paradise. Head down a few blocks and you should start seeing signs for Little Kitchen.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Family owned and run, off the beaten path, talented chef, great food and drinks, great price

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Heard so many wonderful things about this place. I went on 2 occasions. The 1st was ok - I had never had barracuda prepared that way and it was interesting - but very average. Super Salty. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and went back again. 2nd time was terrible. I couldn't eat the seviche - too salty. The snapper was inedible. I had a few bites and left. Yes the waitress has the 'trick' of not having change and pulls that on everyone even though she must have change from the people before. I gave her a big tip the 1st time because of that - and nothing the 2nd time- service was poor. TV on loud with some uninteresting thing or music on gospel. Not good - no idea how anyone says it's any good.