“pasta that melts in your mouth”

Coconut Reef Caribbean Trattoria
Cuisines: Caribbean, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2014

After several days of Grouper and Snapper, we decided to try the Italian restaurant north end of the caye close to the split. Our habit of eating late breakfast and early dinner paid off again, as we arrived before the dinner crowd. From our little table nestled against the wall of the open air dining area, we watched the Lazy Lizard revelers saunter down the beach road with the Caribbean as a backdrop. The food was light and refreshing, and the pasta dishes are delicate and perfectly prepared.

There are newer reviews for Coconut Reef Caribbean Trattoria

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Incredible food! The fish dishes are spectacular, and these guys really know how to prepare vegetables. Super friendly atmosphere, and great service. Very highly recommend!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stopped here for supper on our first day and had a wonderful meal. Snapper was to die for. Staff are very friendly and a pleasure to deal with. A little more expensive than some of the other restaraunts but worth every penny. Sat at a table outside in the evening and watched the people stroll by. Usually supper takes us about a hour but I think we sat and visited for closer to 3 hrs. Recommend the Coconut Reef for everyone. Mitchell has done a great job with the place and is a pleasure to talk to. We ended up going back 2 more times on our stay at Caye Caulker

Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We had Alfredo and cocamango fish. Superb in every way. This new owner knows the heritage and history but forgot to take a group picture of all previous owners when they all came to eat. It is worth the price because of the high quality.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I travel a lot, and having Celiac Disease is stressful as I never know what I will be able to eat. I always bring my own crackers, cookies and even pasta with me. We ate here 3 times because the fresh fish was so good (and gluten-free!). They even cooked my gluten-free pasta for me and I had it with their Bolognese sauce. The staff remembered us and my dietary restrictions and I felt relaxed eating there. They make their own pizza crusts (not gluten-free), pastas and sauces fresh each day. I even had their fresh Panna cotta for dessert. Other reviewers may think the food was a bit expensive, but the quality of the ingredients was superb. And considering they have to ship most ingredients from the mainland by either air or boat, I thought the prices were a bargain! We would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the island.

2  Thank Sproutyman