“Not all it's hyped up to be.”
Review of Sandros Piccola Cucina - CLOSED

Sandros Piccola Cucina
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Sandro's Piccola Cucina is on Pasero street, only 2 steps behind Atlantic Bank.
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Not all it's hyped up to be.”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The lack of really good places to eat makes people get excited about this but it is really not all that good.

Yes the pasta is fresh but this means you have to wait quite a long time for food. There are no starters or nibbles to keep you going. Your main courses may be 10 or 15 mins apart from your fellow diners.

The food was nice, better than the usual island fare but the portion and presentation was average. The garlic bread as mentioned by others is a pretty pathetic offering.

The only desert on offer was Tiramisu and as I don't like coffee it left me a little hungry.

They do have a decent wine selection, but you don't come to Belize to drink over priced wine.

Visited February 2013

San Francisco, California
“Excellent Italian dish”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I am not somebody who thinks you can find delicious Italian Cuisine in the Tropics.
A good friend from the Island invited me and I was speechless. The Ambiance with the open deck is great. If you just sit in somebody’s backyard. The pasta dish was fantastic and the hospitality from the owner is how it should be, perfect. On my next trip to the Island this restaurant is going to be on my list again.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank pnijssen
Soldotna
“Unbelievable food!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My daughter & I enjoyed the wine, loved the food and the atmosphere was fantastic. Was not sure what to expect behind the block walls but found it warm & welcoming with great garlic smells!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank LanieSoldotna
Eugene, Oregon
“Awesome awesome awesome”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I have stayed in caye caulker twice and we usually when we travel we like to try many different places . However after eating here once we kept coming back . It is a small place and when you order your pasta you can go into the restaurant and see a skillet for each order her has . When your table order the best Caesar salad ever you will see his wife making the salad dressing in her mini cruiseart for each table . , if Sandra does not catch fish that morning it means there is no fish on the menu that day . One time I caught my daughter taking her finger and and collecting every last drop of Caesar dressing for her now empty plate . Great view . Probably one of the top restaurants I have ever eaten at I the world .

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Anthony D
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Delicious - 5 Stars”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The food was great! Great italian cousine on the other side of the planet. We had the Shrimp Ravioli and Tagliatelle with fresh fish filet. Awesome. Served with garlic bread and small salad. Waiter was very nice and fast. Thank you!

• Visited February 2013