“Great snorkeling, but I might consider another company”

Raggamuffin Tours - Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 35 Tours in Caye Caulker
More attraction details
Owner description: Raggamuffin Tour's sailing adventures provide access the most remote and inaccessible parts of Belize’s reef which showcase some of the most beautiful snorkeling in the world! We offer a legendary three day sailing trip from Caye Caulker to Placencia - an adventure that will give you memories to last a lifetime! We also sail to Hol Chan and Turneffe Atoll for snorkel day trips. Come see the unspoiled jewel of the Carribean, stay on deserted islands and snorkel the pristine barrier reef.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great snorkeling, but I might consider another company”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

These guys are a little over the top. I went on the three stop all-day tour and would recommend snorkeling while in Caye Caulker, but perhaps not with this operator.

As another reviewer mentions, it can feel a bit rushed. I felt the need to stay with the group at all times (no one was deviating) which felt a little lame. I understand they are responsible for your safety, but it would be nice if they slowed down a bit - especially at the third stop.

FInally at the end they give out rum punch, which comprises red kool-aid(?) and awful rum. The lunch they served was pretty awful, but I wasn't really expecting anything there so not much of a let down. I suspect this tour is more well liked by younger tourists.

Visited March 2013
raggamuffintours, Owner at Raggamuffin Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Everybody is allowed their own opinion but we must mention the following .

The Hol Chan stipulates that the snorkelers must be guided by a Licensed Tour Guide (no more than 8 persons to one Guide) within the reserve and the boat can only dock for an hour total and no longer!! For the safety of the passengers and the reserve itself, this rule is enforced by both the Park Rangers and by us at Raggamuffin. For those who want to see the abundant marine life in the reserve, one must obey these laws - and thus the reviewer would have found his experience similar with any other San Pedro or Caye Caulker operator!

It is important to note that we use the best of LOCAL Guides, boats and also grocery products. The rum and the juice that is included in the much loved rum punch is considered Belize's finest and our thoroughly enjoyed and the sweet seafood curry that contains fresh fish fillet, shrimp and conch is (also locally acquired) far outweighs the tuna sandwich that some of our other competitors may put on the boats!!

Despite what the reviewer thinks we know that safety and professionalism come first for our snorkelers and that what we provide on our tours far exceeds other operators in Caye Caulker.

• Greek first
Tampa, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Day Snorkling”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had a really enjoyable trip with Captain's Ish and Kimani! The snorkel sights were beautiful and loads of fun, the captains were genuine and thoughtful, the food and drink satisfying, and the sail back perfectly dreamy.

Richmond Hill GA
“Raggamuffin Day Tour!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was a great experience! Our tour guides were the best we had Kemani (I am sure I misspelled his name) and Ish. They did such a great job and I have already shared with my friends who might be coming to caye caulker to make Raggamuffin a must! They are professional and such fun! We saw all of the fish, sharks, jacks and rays they promised and more!

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“These guys have their act together, and really know how to have a good time.”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The Good: very organized, on time, good equipment, nice snorkel spots, lots of rum
The Bad: hangover from the rum, the long pre trip meeting, no hammocks on the islands :(

I rarely give out 5 stars, but after dealing with some other frustrating tour companies in Belize, these guys earned it. The really had their stuff together while still maintaining a cool, laid back vibe the whole time.

If you're interested in booking with them, sign up in advance. Our 3 day sailing trip had a waiting list of 5 people, and I was surprised how many other travelers have heard of them while I was traveling through the rest of the country

2 Thank circuitmonkey
Drumheller, Canada
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ragga muffin 3 day sail”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

thanks to kevin armstrong, jacob.charles for a wonderful experience.real bucket list sail great food etc. they took us to uncrowed snorkling sites.their knowledge of fish sea life and history of all we could see was wiki in nature best ever tour.thanks curt and dianne

Visited February 2013