“Wonderful Experience”

Belize Diving Services
Ranked #4 of 40 Tours in Caye Caulker
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in Caye Caulker, Belize, Belize Diving Services offers the best scuba diving in the Caribbean. Explore the Great Blue Hole, Lighthouse Atoll, Belize Barrier Reef and more! Experience some of the most incredible scuba diving in the world with Belize Diving Services! Our company offers much more than the average Belize dive shop. Since 1978 Belize Diving Services has been continuously operating dive tours from the beautiful Island of Caye Caulker in Belize. All computer diving and modern equipment help to give our dive masters and instructors the tools they need to do their job with expert care. Whether your goals are to take your first breaths on scuba, to become a SDI / PADI certified instructor, or to dive to the bottom of the Great Blue Hole -- the BDS team is happy to work with you. Our expert, friendly and professional diving instructors provide the best underwater tours, technical training and scuba certification in Belize! Book your diving adventure today!
Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you plan to dive in Belize, Belize Diving Services is the way to go. I just finished up a 4-day dive trip in Caye Caulker and had an amazing time, largely thanks to this company. The equipment was great, the staff was both professional and personable, and the service they provide is excellent. Another perk is the attached bar/restaurant - it was always a nice way to end a day of diving. I highly recommend it for divers of all levels.

1  Thank Chad S
in 8 reviews
"great boat"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I did two trips with BDS: Turneffe North and The Great Blue Hole. Their boat and staff are top-of-the line. If you're diving in Belize, dive with BDS. The boat is huge, fast, and well appointed with fresh water showers and hoses, lots of places to sit apart from your gear, and a spacious and surprisingly clean head. They even offered free reef-safe sunscreen! Their tanks were 3000psi (3100 in the sun) and they did a great job of splitting up novice and experienced divers so I didn't lose out on bottom-time. If/when someone hit 750psi before everyone else they did a safety stop on their own or with someone else that was sucking air and the group was allowed to continue. I averaged an hour of bottom time with them on all the dives save the Blue Hole which is deep so you don't get to stay long anyway. Turneffe was ok...large flats of garden eels were cool, but it seemed over-fished as there weren't any large groupers or snappers to be seen. Lighthouse Atoll and The Great Blue Hole were amazing, the best site was Half Moon Caye wall where we saw reef sharks, eagle rays and turtles. There were also big groupers and snappers probably because it is close to the ranger station and too far out for fishermen to easily access. When I go back to Belize, I will definitely go back to Belize Diving Services.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I did my OW Cert with BDS and it was great. We had TJ as our instructor and he was the man - very professional and knew his stuff. He was a great instructor and helped the students who weren't as comfortable with their skills feel comfortable under water. Their gear, boats and dive masters are all top notch and would not hesitate to dive with them again. In fact, when I make it back to Caye Caulker some day I'll be diving with them for sure. This dive shop does it right and you will not be disappointed if you go with BDS, they are the best hands down. Oh ya and they have an amazing bar with jager on tap as well as a great restaurant (if your lucky enough to be there on Taco Tuesday they have some amazing tacos for $1 USD). Anyway our group had some great dives on the big boat as well during our open water dives which were amazing to say the least...I feel very confident and comfortable that I got the best instruction possible and the best open water dives for our training. Dive BDS!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

A year ago, four of us had the pleasure of diving with Belize Diving Services (BDS) for a week and had to return to this little island again for more. This year six of us found the same great service, but we made one mistake.
After settling in at our condo, we made our way to BDS to set up our diving for the next 7 days. Unfortunately, Sunday is the day the 46’ Newton gets serviced so only the smaller boat was going out and it was booked. Several months back, I emailed BDS and gave them our dates to make sure they had room for us. They suggested that we setup our diving days with them and send a deposit to them to secure our spots for the week. Unfortunately, we did not, so we had to dive with one of the other local dive shops on Sunday. Don’t make the same mistake we did, book at least your first day or two to lock in your spot with BDS. Bryan and Pablo, the shop desk jockeys, will be happy to take your reservation in advance.
Each dive has a briefing, which was thorough and always had a sketch of the terrain we were about to encounter. Something new happens every day when diving with these guys. One day we were greeted by a group of dolphins while doing our safety stop. Another day we were followed by two Black Tip Reef sharks for almost the entire dive. TJ, Walter, and Illya really did a great job leading our dives, keeping the dive interesting and keeping us safe at the safe time.
On the longer dives, the surface intervals included a hot lunch that included chicken, beans, and rice. On the local dives, fruit was provided. This is the way to dive.
My only disappoint with BDS was that last year they had a minimal selection of shirts, so I was unable to get one in my size. This year BDS said they were changing their logo and again did not have a shirt in my size. However, CJ did promise to send one to me when the new ones arrived. I am still waiting CJ….
We will be back for another trip with the BDS crew.