“Great Place to Dive”

Belize Diving Services
Ranked #2 of 38 Tours in Caye Caulker
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Blue Hole, Turneffe Atoll and The Belize Barrier Reef our some of our most popular dive sites. All computer diving and modern equipment help to give our dive masters and instructors the tools they need to do their job with expert care.Whether your goals are to take your first breaths on scuba, to become an instructor, or to dive to the bottom of the Great Blue Hole. We will be happy to work with you.Since 1978 Belize Diving Services has been continuously operating dive tours from the beautiful Island of Caye Caulker in Belize. Whether your first time diving or your 10,000 we will be happy to show you the underwater world of Belize.
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I totally disagree with the comment below.

My gf and I had a great experience diving with these guys. There equipment and staff was nothing but perfect. Before planning the trip i had the pleasure of speaking with CJ who was fricking amazing. He helped me plan my dive trips for the week. He was quick to responding and gave us alot of information.

I didnt feel comfortable diving the deep dive at the blue hole and they had a dive master stay with myself and my gf when i did the dive.

I felt secure and safe diving with these guys and would highly recommend this services. We were always in buddies and the dive masters were never too far away. We dove with them all week and a great time. Saw awesome marine life.

Jason

Argos1980, Owner at Belize Diving Services, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2012

Jason,

Thanks for the follow up. We are really happy you had a great time diving with us. All of the staff here at Belize Diving Services works really hard and it means a lot to get the specific thank yous. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I was surprised of this diving team. All the dive masters are completely inexperienced. Which makes your diving very unsafe. The groups of divers always split up. In Blue hole you suddenly see two divers pop out in one side and other two meters away. Nobody had control of anything. Divers would dive at any depth and they don't even ask for their experience. Nice boat so you kind of think there are good and equipment is pretty much new. But it's very important to dive safe and the newest equipment is not always a certification of good masters. Hopefully good divers stay away from this place.

2  Thank Yikesx
Argos1980, Owner at Belize Diving Services, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

It is regrettable that you got the wrong impression of Belize Diving Services. 90% of our team are dive instructors most of whom have worked at Belize Diving Services for at least 2 years and have accumulated at least 2000 dives at a minimum. Our most senior employee has 1800 open water certifications and 10,000 dives.. So I do not understand how you got the impression that they were inexperienced.

We are the only shop in Northern Belize that requires 25 logged dives and experience beyond the open water diver level in order to dive the deeper dive to the Stalactites at the Blue Hole. For those with less experience we offer a shallower dive to 80 ft where they can enjoy some pretty sweet shark interaction. This practice, to my knowledge, is only adhered to at Belize Diving Services. If you were not asked your experience then it was an isolated error and in conflict with shop policy.

We do believe that divers who have traveled thousands of miles are entitled to breath the entirety of their scuba tank when it is safe. This means in less busy areas we will let buddy teams surface as they approach 750 psi and allow more experienced divers to continue diving with their guide until they have used the contents of their bottle. Of course all of our guides carry surface markers for the more crowded dive areas. And the group surfaces as a whole with a bag deployed.

We standby our safety record and our commitment to international dive safety standards. Our commitment to safety is paramount and reflected in the lack of diver accidents and lack of bad dives and out of air problems at the Blue Hole and other dives.

Thank you for the compliments on the boat and gear. We do try to maintain our equipment in good working order as equipment failure is a primary cause of diver accidents and our boat is not just new but it also assures saftey in the 150 mi offshore transit day that is the trip to Lighthouse Atoll.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Recently completed the open water dive course and was very satisfied with every aspect. Walter and TJ were excellent instructors, and every other staff person encountered was helpful and friendly; good quality gear, comfotable boat, and tasty food. I'm looking forward going back.

We can't wait to have you back! Its good to hear that Walter and TJ are working well together out there on the boats they sure are good friends and we hope that translated to a good experience for you!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I dove with these guys three years ago, and even though there has been an ownership change, the place hasnt lost a step. I only had time to get in two dives this trip, but both were lots of fun. The people i dove with were fun and we had a great time hanging out in the common area at the dive shop. They have great new equipment, friendly staff, great boat, all around good time. Will be back to dive here again!!!

1  Thank whereswhitlow

It's great to have divers come back to us! We are always happy to see old friends again. There have been a lot of changes; but, we hope that the core of the shop. The friendly welcoming staff that is committed to safety has remained the same. No matter how fancy our boat gets or how qualified our staff becomes!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Large new boats, excellent staff, nice equipment with dive computers, and everything was very clean and very well done. I took two full-day trips with them and could not have enjoyed it more. I wouldn't go with anyone else.