“Excellent Staff, Equipment & Boat!”

Belize Diving Services
More attraction details
Owner description: The Great Blue Hole, Turneffe Atoll and The Belize Barrier Reef our some of our most popular dive sites. All computer diving and modern equipment help to give our dive masters and instructors the tools they need to do their job with expert care.Whether your goals are to take your first breaths on scuba, to become an instructor, or to dive to the bottom of the Great Blue Hole. We will be happy to work with you.Since 1978 Belize Diving Services has been continuously operating dive tours from the beautiful Island of Caye Caulker in Belize. Whether your first time diving or your 10,000 we will be happy to show you the underwater world of Belize.
Dublin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent Staff, Equipment & Boat!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I would highly recommend Belize Diving Services. We had a wonderful day out diving with them at the Blue Hole & at two other great diving sites! The boat was particularly impressive & seeing a whale next to the boat was very much the icing on the cake :-)

Visited August 2012
2 Thank OliviaCork

Oberaich
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“very competent”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

No problems at all! Very kind, stressless. Equipment to rent in best conditions. Instructors are very competent.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Uwe G
Zurich
“3 tank dive to blue hole, halfmoon caye and aquarium”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

They provided an impeccable Service on our 3 tank dive day. Starting at 5:15am, we ate a nice breakfast and left with their big diving boat at around 6:00am. Everything was already on the boat and ready. They used a checklist to get every diver to his gear and let him check it - the gear was new and in a great condition. The same list was used to debrief after each dive to make sure no diver got lost. They brought spare gear. An oxigen kit was on board and mentioned in the safety  briefing.  The staff was very professional and relaxed. The first dive site was the blue hole and about 2 hours away. The ride was choppy so if you get seasick easily, take the  motion sickness pill they offer you at breakfast. They didn't have any on the boat on the way back so ask for it before you leave or take your own pills. The boat was very spacious and comfortable with a large shady area to keep you out of the sun. The groups were small and divided into Advanced Open Water deep divers and Open Water certified divers. We saw bull sharks and other reef sharks in the blue hole. The stalactites were really awesome. After the dive we got fruit and went to the next spot, Halfmoon caye. One of the nicest reef dives we have done so far. Due to the shallow depth of about 18m we got to see it for almost an hour, before we got back on the boat. We then headed for the island of Halfmoon Caye to have a delicious lunch with a visit to the Boobies birds nesting on that island. The 2 - 3 hour break was relaxing and informative at the same time. The last dive at aquarium lasted over an hour and we could literally swim with the fish. They came so close. Amazing! I definitely recommend diving with BDS.

Bellevue, Nebraska, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Safe and Professional”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Dani,
My two sons and I just got back home from our trip to Belize. We dove on Monday and Tuesday of last week. I wanted to pass onto you how impressed I was with your shop and the guys working it. When I got there Monday morning, Pablo was concerned that even though I was certified open water, I hadn't dove for over 3 years. He grabbed Ricardo and had him take me over to the dock and run through a quick refresher before we left for our dive. His concern for safety is EXACTLY why I chose your dive services over the others on the island. While I was on Caye Caulker, I ran into some customers who were going take their certification dives with BDS on Tuesday. I was able to relieve their anxiety by sharing my experience of the day. Then on Tuesday, we were suppose to go to the Lighthouse Reef on a 3 tank, however, due to the weather, Pablo made the decision on Monday to switch it to the Turneffe Atoll. He was very professional in his approach and explaination. Again, all for the concern of safety and enjoyment of the customers.

What a great bunch of guys you have working for you and what a great dive shop. Thanks for the experience.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Gary K
Miami, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Belize Diving Services - The Only Choice in Caye Caulker!”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

From start to finish, Belize Diving Services impressed! On initial email inquiry, I got a prompt response from Dani, very helpful and informative. The email conversations lasted from app 2 month before arrival to just a day or two before we got there. I had contacted one other Diving outfit on Caye Caulker via email, took 3 tries to get a one line, non descript response back. No Thank You! We arrived around midday on Caye Caulker, got settled in our lovely Cabana and did a walk about and had some lunch. Upon return to our place, Dani showed up in her golf cart to take our gear and us to their place to get situated for the next morning. And the next 4 days where all about diving! We dove Turneffe, the Barrier Reef and Lighthouse Atoll. The boat was comfortable, the staff was great and very safety oriented. Lunch was served on the longer trips, which was delicious, in addition, breakfast on the very long Blue Hole trip. The captain and the dive masters outperformed themselves from briefings to safety consciousness to making sure everybody had what they needed. Ilya, our dive master for 4 days, addressed us by name from the 5th minutes we set foot on the boat to the last minute of the last day of diving. As far as the remaining 2 other diving outfits on Caye Caye Caulker, we saw the delapidated building of one and the not very impressive boat of the other, so so glad we chose Belize Diving Services. We had our own gear but from what I saw the rental gear looked great and each console included a Gecko computer. Right now there is a thread on Scubaboard regarding a Belize Diving Company that takes inexperienced divers down to 130' in the Blue Hole which is very dangerous. Not Belize Diving Services! On our trip to the Blue Hole, we where split in 2 groups, the advanced divers went to 130' and the newly certified and inexperienced divers went to 80' max. I could go on and on about Chip, Dani and the Crew, fact is that we had a wonderful time with them and hope to be back in the near future. Thanks again for some great diving guys!

Visited July 2012