“Try it!”
Review of Rose's Grill & Bar

Rose's Grill & Bar
Ranked #14 of 94 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We really liked this restaurant. It's a bit expensive, but again, you get what you pay for. The service is pretty good, blended drinks great, and the portions were large (too large for me!). The bar top is fun, and the food is always fresh.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We stopped here for a drink and an appetizer. We had ceviche and some popcorn shrimp. Both were good. Not amazing, but it did the trick. Service was super slow.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Had dinner at Roses, I ordered the snapper kabob, which was very good, but alot of bones. Ordered a vodka & soda which was very bad, neither my husband or I could finish our drinks.

Also, my son had his wedding reception meal catered by Roses and it was excellent. Appetizer of conch ceviche and other assortments, dinner entres with crab claw, chicken, shrimp kabob, potatoes everything perfect.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Rose's was recommended to us when we arrived on Caye Caulker. So it was our first dinner after we arrived. It was great to be able to pick out the entree from the display outside. I had the lionfish because it needs to be eaten. It was amazing!!! Everyone raved about the food and the prices were reasonable. In fact we made Rose's our last dinner on the island as well and were as pleased the second time. I don't recall thinking that the service was so slow but maybe that was because I was on island time and the drinks were great!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We, like many tourists, got sucked into Rose's by their hawker showing the catch of the day in the street. We had good expectations and liked the atmosphere of the restaurant, and knew that we were in for a wait (after all, it is Caye Caulker). However, and hour and a half wait seemed pretty excessive for grilled chicken and fish. Ours did not even come with all the sides that we saw on other diners' plates. Our food was just okay, certainly not exceptional, and it was very expensive compared to other restaurants. We felt like we really got the tourist special at Rose's.