“Amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rose's Grill & Bar

Rose's Grill & Bar
Ranked #14 of 92 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Barbecue, Central American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Huntington, West Virginia, United States
“Amazing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Came at around 5 tonight. We were the first diners. My boyfriend picked a large lobster ($40 BZE, $20 USD!!!) and since I'm not much of a seafood fan (I know, blasphemy) they said they would make me a veggie kebab. We sat down and ordered drinks then the waitress came up and let us pick our sides. I had the carrot rice and a salad (have been craving a salad, hard to find around here) and my dinner was served with an amazing citrus sauce. We waited a while (but the motto is Go Slow) but food that fresh is 100% worth it. We were so so so impressed. My veggie kebab was the average peppers, onions, tomatos, but they added some plantains in there which just made it perfect. Our dinner was $85 BZE so for about $43 I'd go back tomorrow.

• Finnish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Best Lobster!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We came here by chance as found it curious that you can see the actual fresh lobster or fish you are getting and choose it by size/price and then they gill it for you in a lovely butter sauce. The lobster was incredible, tender,in no way chewy, with a subtle flavour and some extra buter sauce to dip in, the best lobster I have had, and for 15 USD as well! The sides were tasty as well, I only wish they had a wider selection.

Badsworth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and family friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Superb grilled fish & lobster. The owners were very family friendly and said we could bring in our own food for our children (aged 4 and 6) if they didn't fancy grilled fish!

Visited August 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“The best tuna I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I love fish and having discovered this place, I did not want to go anywhere else on the island. I went 6 times in one week alone or with friends. Only one night we ate in Habaneros next door and I regretted it. One evening we had a fish sampler plate to share for two. It was really good. On other three evenings I had blue crab clams, a lobster and a medium size snapper. They were all very good and very fresh. But luckily one of the nights they had tuna as a catch of the day. I was the first one to order it and they cut it in front of my eyes. It was cooked medium-rare just as I wanted it and it was really the best tuna I have ever had in my life, succulent and melting in one's mouth. It was one of the best culinary experiences of my life, not even comparable to some of the * and ** Michelin star restaurants. I loved that tuna so much that I hoped they would have some left for the day after. And they did, but obviously it was not anymore as fresh, but still more than acceptable. Service depended on the day and the hour. At 6 pm they would cook your meal very very quickly, but at 8 could could be there waiting for 30-40 minutes, when the place is packed. I loved it anyway and I will miss Rose's that became my "corner restaurant" while on Caye Caulker.

Hampton, Virginia
“Must have the bread fruit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My friends and I had a wonderful dinner at Rose's. They offer fresh fish each night. I tried the tuna and it was wonderful. My favorite part of the meal, though, was the bread fruit. I have never had it before, but WOW, it was good.