“Over rated”
Review of Rose's Grill & Bar

Rose's Grill & Bar
Ranked #17 of 97 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Roses has pretty good food, I had no issues with that. The prices are too inflated compared to other establishments on caye caulker. We basically paid prices that would be expected in LA or DC, not Belize. Just a bit expensive for the area. I spoke with the owners sister that works at caye reef resort and she was in agreement with the prices being too high.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,260)

Reviewed June 14, 2013

cooked right in front of you on the street, in a awesome BBQ pit by the pitmaster himself.. Fresh Fish and veggies, great drinks

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Had the fish skewer, green salad, and pasta. The food they BBQ here is amazing. This would be a top 3 meal for me in my month long travel in BZ!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Select fresh fish and they cook it for you, with choice of sides. Casual outdoor dining area with tv and a bar. Prices were fair for such freshness and service

1  Thank Scott M
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were excited to eat here due to a recommendation from our hotel. As we walked up, bonus points for the fresh display of fish. They give you the opportunity to choose what fish you want and they will cook it there for you in front of you. The fish came with two sides - my husband got lion fish, I got grouper, and we had avocado salad, potatoes, and rice and veggies.

Everything up until this point was going ok (except for the flies that would not leave us or the food being cooked In front of us alone). The lion fish was ok, but my grouper was terrible. Overlooked, tough, and bland.

After we tried several other restaurants on the island we realized we completely overpaid at roses (average of $30 Belize per meal). You can eat for half this much and better food at other places. The other thing that bothered me was the next night I overheard them offering a free drink with dinner, which we did not get offered the night before.

1  Thank Linds_McCauley