“Pleasantly suprised! GREAT FOOD for GREAT PRICE!”
Review of Rose's Grill & Bar

Rose's Grill & Bar
Ranked #15 of 94 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Pleasantly suprised! GREAT FOOD for GREAT PRICE!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family and I were brought here by our excursion, we were a little scared about what we might have for a vegetarian and a VERY picky steak only eater...Well let me say..it was FABULOUS, the food was cooked to perfection! As a vegetarian I often do not have many choices but that was not the case at Roses...the Filet Migon for my husband was perfect. ( he NEVER says that...not even at Ruth Chris's) Our Teenage kids enjoyed the way everyone was feel to chat with all of the staff...they were more than helpful...The staff made us feel like family. The cocktails were heavenly and the prices were more than fair. We plan to return to Caye Caulker in June and will diffently be back to eat at Roses!

• Visited December 2012

• Finnish first
Largo, FL
“Be careful how you order!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We came for dinner. A young man at the grill explained the choices we had and what you got with your meal. We opted for the Kingfish steaks and were told we each got two steaks. After you place your meat order you go find a seat at whatever table has room. You sit community style and we enjoyed chatting with 3 sisters from Canada for 2 hours. When they have dinners ready they go around asking who had what. We had ordered different sides and mine came out incorrectly. We also only had one Kingfish steak on each plate. The server seemed confused and finally he just wandered off. The fish was superb but be careful of bones! The seasoning was wonderful and it was grilled to perfection. I had the beans and rice which was excellent. I had ordered a salad but my dinner arrived with a garlic pasta sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. It looked nice so I decided to try it. I was shocked at how spicy it was; almost as if seasoned with very hot pepper but you couldn't tell from looking at it. My husband loved it though so he got double helpings of that side and I ate his beans and rice instead. When we were almost finished eating, the man came back and asked if we were ready for our second plates. We were confused and so was he. He told us there was extra fish cooked and we explained again the young man out front had told us each meal came with 2 fish steaks. We watched him pick up 4 steaks and put them on a plate and then he seasoned them and told us we could go sit down. We finally got the man to understand what we were talking about and we didn't order 4 dinners! He brought out the two steaks and we were fine after that. We waited a long time and didn't get a bill. A waitress came over after we had been there 2 hours and asked if we needed anything else and we said "just our bill." Found out you just go up to the counter and tell them what you had and they figured out how much you owe. Felt it was reasonably priced and we got free appetizer of chips and fresh made salsa. Their lobsters were so fresh they were still moving! The quality of food for the money was excellent. They do have sand floors so wear socks or bug spray because the sand fleas like to eat at Rose's too!!

Visited January 2013
Brighton, Utah
“2nd best restaurant”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

You choose your meal before you enter the restaurant. Fresh seafood is on display and cooked out over an open flame. Fresh Snapper, Lobster, Shrimp, etc.... The food is so delicious, a must go.

Visited January 2013
Prague, Czech Republic
“Good Experience and visit..”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I think, that we will be at Caye Caulker - you must to visit this restaurant. Exclusive lobster, fish skewer, drinks and good atmosphere. You can choose the size of lobster and it is grilled..

• Visited November 2012
“Pick your meal, find your seat.”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

It was busy yet we were fed pretty quickly. The meal was not rocket science, just griiled seafood but everything was done very well and was tastey. You choose your own meal out front from the "catch of the day" and then sit a table and are served civeche and drinks. My only complaint is the picinic tables are a little jammed in there. The wait staff was very attentive and it was a good time for all five of us.