“Good Food and Great Location on the Water”
Review of Rainbow Grill

Rainbow Grill
Ranked #34 of 102 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Central American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This patio restaurant overlooks the water. The menu was nicely varied. We had the special -- coconut-crusted conch -- which was delicious and there was a good variety of side dishes served with it. We were only on Caye Caulker for three days, but this was the best dinner place we tried. I look forward to returning the next time I visit Caye Caulker.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

This restaurant is conveniently located on the "main drag" and has an outside seating right on the water. It features an excellent seafood menu with daily specials. I had a conch ceviche for lunch and a conch dinner (in butter with garlic) the night before. Very tasty. The conch ceviche was the best I have ever had, just loaded with conch meat, no fillers. Prices are reasonable: ceviche was 15 blz/ $7.50 USD, conch dinner - 22 blz/ $11USD. The service is also very prompt and friendly. Everything is soooo sloooooww on the island, but this place is different. I watched it getting filled for lunch all of sudden, and thought 'o, boy! It will be forever'. But to my surprise, the food arrived very quickly. I highly recommend this place for its location, value and food quality.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Just a good value. We were there about three times for lunch. It gets packed after the morning boats come back in - so be prepared to wait in the 1-2pm timeframe - or get in earlier.

Wait staff is good, knowledgable. Food is decent.

You get a great view of the ocean, and a great breeze on a hot day. I also really liked the folksy paintings of fish along the walls.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We ended up having a couple meals here with our adult kids - the view was lovely, the breeze great and the drinks strong. None of the food on Caye Caulker is great (former BRITISH colony!), but the location made this our favorite spot for lunch and dinner.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Like many restaurants on the island, you should arrive ready to wait a while for your food. They are not quick, but it is just part of the experience on the island. I thought the food was reasonably priced and the service was satisfactory. We went for dinner and did not have to wait for a table. In our group, we ordered the snapper special and some quesadillas. Both were excellent! The snapper had a special cilantro sauce that was soooo good.