“Best restaurant on the island”

Habanero's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 96 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2014

This is the most upscale restaurant on Caye Caulker with prices to match. Delicious food and nice presentation. Large portions. Had a great coconut curry seafood with generous amounts of lobster. The ceviche appetizer was excellent. Service was very good and they understood my husband's gluten free diet for celiac disease. Would definitely recommend a visit. Also great for people watching.

2  Thank pbw65
Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I chose Habanero's Restaurant for my birthday dinner. We wanted somewhere nice, and a little fancy. This was a great choice!

We started with cocktails (iced margarita I think?)... these were delicious. For the mains we ordered the coconut fish and the baked fish. I'm not a big fan of seafood but I loved both dishes (my wife and I shared). Cooked to perfection, fresh fish, well presented and more importantly... tasty!

We decided to share a dessert (key lime pie) and it was huge! I highly recommend this dessert.

The service was great as well. The staff were friendly, prompt and very helpful with assisting with our options. The view isn't too bad either, it's on the corner of 2 streets so can be a little busy, but good for people watching. If you don't mind splashing out a bit, this is a great choice for a fancy Belizean dinner!

1  Thank Aron P
Reviewed August 18, 2014

The coconut crusted snapper was wonderful. Be sure to make reservations. They are closed on Thursdays and weekends are very busy. The cost for dinner is $25-$40 without alcohol.
The Caye Lime pie is served with ice cream.
Don't expect fast service as this is island time.

1  Thank PamC49022
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

We just stopped in here for some drinks and desert. Probably the best key lime pie I've ever had. Totally worth a stop but it looked a little pricy to order an entree.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

For us the "highest end" restaurant we ate in at Caye Caulker. Many delicious dishes with great sauces. A lot to choose from. Not the cheapest place, but if you're ready to splurge, a great choice.

1  Thank Steve T