“The Finest Restaurant in Caye Caulker!”

Habanero's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 99 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Dined on a Sunday evening mid-march 2014. The place was packed. Service attentive and professional. Food? Great! Fresh seafood. Good Belize beer.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We dined at Habaneros on the beginning of March this year and I sampled the snapper and my wife enjoyed the pasta. The Canadian owner nailed it. It was truly a fantastic place to dine, sitting outside on the deck to watch tourists stroll by enjoying a glass of good wine was incredible. I suggest getting a reservation as it's a hot spot for a reason, fresh caught fish and fresh vegetables, truly a must.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We dined one night there on someone's suggestion. The menu is diverse so everyone should be able to find something although it is a little pricey. The pitcher of Sangria is a nice way to spend time people watching and waiting for your meal. Remember - go slow - it the motto on the Caye. The place was very busy and we lucked out getting a table on Tuesday evening - many were turned away or would have over an hour wait.

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

To be fair.. My rating isn't based on the food which may be fantastic, I will never know.

For context, I've been in Belize for three months with my wife and three children (5,4, eight months) and dined out at many many restaurants during my stay which was mostly in San Pedro.

This place did not want my family there. It opens at 6pm, we arrived around 5:50 to an unfriendly employee who was rude to my 5 year old and wife when they tried to sit at a table to wait out the last few minutes.

We usually would leave right then but this place is supposed to be good (as per trip advisor) so we waited it out for a seat.

Once we sat down, saw the high prices, combined with the fact that I had to find my own baby high chair (as no one seemed to acknowledge our baby), that was enough for us.

Thanks but no thanks, another restaurant welcomed our service and was greatly rewarded.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Good food,service and bottomless cup of coffee which was rare around there.would defiantly go again.