“nice place, great food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I really liked the food, some of the best lobster we had on caye caulker. They were out of many different drinks, including the belikin on tap, which was the only letdown.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Just ate dinner here. I had the grilled lobster with garlic butter. My husband had spaghetti Bolanese while I wondered if ordering pasta in a seafood place was wise! I have never had a decently cooked spiny lobster prior to this and was quite surprised at how good it was. The locals in this area take great pride in harvesting seafood the old fashioned way and the seafood looks and tastes fresh. My lobster was grilled but not the least bit dried out. The garlic butter was superb. Also good for dipping your rolls in as they aren't served with butter. My salad was nothing to write home about and served on same plate with dinner. My dinner came with plain white rice and I would have enjoyed it more with some beans and spiced up. It did have a slightly sweet flavor as if cooked in coconut milk. My husband basically inhaled his pasta dish which did look pretty yummy!
The best part was sitting out on the porch on the side of the road and people watching. The service was good. We had no issues or complaints. Price for our two meals that included a free appetizer, and two bottles of water was $55 BD.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Right across from the ocean, great view of the barrier reef, free wi-fi and the watermelon juice is delicious. Went often for breakfast.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

They were out of lobster this morning, so my partner couldn't have the lobster omelette. His eggs over easy were a bit too runny but the bacon was good. French toast had lots of cinnamon but was uninspired. The servers were pleasant and it was nice to sit on the front porch and watch people go by. Good prices: 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon and 4 fryjacks for $9.50 Bz; 3 slices of French toast with fruit for $11 Bz.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

When we first got to this place I immediately asked for a cup of ice so I could pour some of my own water into the it. The waitress snarled and rolled her eyes at me. That should have been the sign for us to leave immediately. When she came to take our order she was very short and snippy with us. My partner ordered a quesadilla with a substitution of fries instead of a salad. When the food got to us there was a salad instead of fries, he wasn't rude about it and pointed it out to her that he ordered fries. Instead of just leaving the plate there so he could enjoy a warm lunch, she snatched up the plate and said under her breath "oh my god" and stomped away. After that she left us alone for about 30 minutes, and when she came back with our bill we just handed her our card. She told us to "wait" and stomped away once again mumbling "oh my god."
They weren't busy. It was only us and one other table. I didn't know what we had done to her to make her be so rude to us. It just seemed to me she disliked her job a great amount and in that event she shouldn't even be a server. The food wasn't worth the horrible service. The drinks were even worse. I won't ever return here nor will I recommend it to anyone, good breakfast or not. Rudest place in Belize.

2  Thank AshleyS628