“Excellent value!!!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed November 21, 2012

If you like to have mixed drinks with your dinner this is the place to go!!! The mixed drinks were only a buck! Thats right!!! The food was excellent and I can't wait to go back for more!

There are newer reviews for Wish Willy - Bar & Grill

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Willy and his wife are incredibly nice. They both talked to me quite a bit (Willy less so, since he was cooking) and Willy hooked me up with a few rum punches for no reason I could discern. I can pretty late, so they had run out of a few things on their menu, but we found something I wanted and it turned out to be very good and balanced between meat, vegetables, and starches. The reason I say it's a good jumping off point is if you order a meal, you get $1 BZE rum punches (I think it jumps all the way up to $2 BZE if you don't, but it might be slightly more), so if you combine the two, you can get a good meal and some drinks all for pretty cheap.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had read about Wish Willy's in a guide book and decided to make it our dining spot for the first night on the island. It's quite a walk to get there and when we finally did find the place - it was closed. We waited a day then tried it the next. Again closed. On our last night on the island we decided to try it one more time - and this time he was open!
Willy was very apologetic and explained he had been traveling. "Listen, I gonna take really good care of you" he said to us. That he did!
The chicken was out of this world! The grilled veggies were awesome, as well as the shrimp. And if you're a drinker then you won't be able to beat Willy's extra strong, extra cheap rum drinks. I believe the drinks were $1 U.S.
Willy is funny but cool and he makes you feel right at home. We are glad that we went back one more time!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was the first restaurant we went to in Caye Caulker - had read some recommendations in the guest book of the place we were staying so we checked it out. It seemed a little sketchy at first - its down a dark street and the entrance is a gate to what looks like a sandy yard. We weren't sure if they were open but saw some others eating so we let ourselves in. There was no menu which is a little difficult if you're picky or looking for something specific. We told willy what kinds of food we like and he cooked us up some meals. We were pleasantly surprised I have to say. The food was really good - I had the conch ceviche and my friends had the classic belizean chicken with rice and beans. The price was cheap too - I guess you don't really know how much you're going to pay since there's no menu but we were happy with the total. We ended up going back once more with another couple we met and had an even better experience. This time they started cooking the "chefs choice" as soon as we sat down and we ended up with a bunch of lobster, fish, chicken and penne with grilled veggies. It was probably the best meal at the best deal we had on the island. The total came out to $140BZ ($70US) for all 6 of our meals including rum and cokes and beers. If you're looking for more of a typical dining experience, this place may not be for you. But if you're willing to go out of your comfort zone and get some delicious local food at a good price then this is it. We will definitely be back next time we're on the island.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

What an experience! Food was absolutely awesome....pork chops the best I've ever had.ambiance is one of the best on the island, even if the service isn't the best.