“Running on reputation and weed”

Wish Willy - Bar & Grill
Ranked #25 of 102 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I'm not a huge fan of stoners... If you are, you will love this place. :) loads of food, cooked (somewhat), served with a bleary eyed smile. Caution on undercooked fish, and chicken. Rum punch is liberally served throughout the meal. There is no menu, you eat what your given and pay whatever the owner feels like charging at the end which may or may not be a good value (depends how much punch you drank)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

The ambience at Wish Willy's is unique. Tables set in the sand on a dark side street. That part was good. People rave about the food. I thought it was pretty good home cooking (and nice to get some veggies), but nothing outstanding. Service, however, was downright weird. We were either ignored completely or addressed in a really abrupt/curt manner. Maybe we hit an off night, but other tables seemed to be getting friendly (if spacey/stoney) service. We're really easy going too, so not sure what was going on. We didn't go back due to that.

1  Thank Erica B
Reviewed September 7, 2012

this place is so good value and such good food! for $30 BD each we had a massive selection of food we all (11 of us) had a lobster and a half each, chicken, beef, fish, prawns, pasta, rice, vegetables and unlimited rum punch was such good value and the food was delicious and fresh! And Willy was very friendly too!

1  Thank JHealy2010
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Wish Willy himself served us a fabulous plate of fresh vegetables and very tasty Jerk Chicken. The best Jerk Chicken we had ever tasted!!

1  Thank Lynn B
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was the only one there, then a couple arrived and we sat together. It took me to get up and walk to the kitchen to get the 2 beers we've been ordering 3 times ago. I was not thrilled with my food even though the owner cooked fried plantains for me. He's very nice but was not "all there" that night. I think it was overpriced too.