China Town Hotel
Caye Caulker Plaza Hotel(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$65
$63
Hotels.com
Anchorage Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
$71
$140
$120
  • Pool
Popeyes Beach Resort(Caye Caulker)
$52
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
De Real Macaw(Caye Caulker)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
Caye Caulker Condos(Caye Caulker)
  • Pool
Rainbow Hotel(Caye Caulker)
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The basic problem here is a lack of care & attention - with a bit of love & an attempt to provide some service with a smile it could be a winner.
Here with a group using 6 rooms - everyone has complained about something. Our room was crazy small so upgraded for $20 US a night to very large room with 2 double beds.
I dont know how it compares in price to other places - many of which look very basic - but the air con is included ( but check that out first) it has wifi (erratically) - it is meant to have hot water, it has a kettles- allow 10 mins to boil.
Our beds are really firm - Thai style - we love them but many won't . One couple had to move cos beds had no springs & were crazy soft.
The restaurant looks like a place to avoid at all costs. One small example of the l
ack of interest was that when we arrived & wanted cold Red Stripes we settled for Light as woman said it was all they had. It was only later that I realised they own the supermarket next door - which has a connecting door - so our beer of choice was but a few paces away. It's not a big deal but it highlights a lack of care.
Sheets were nice & some of the towels too :)

Room Tip: Don't have a "common room"
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2011

The experience I had my first night was that the hotel maid stole my camera. When I brought it up to the woman at the front counter, she denied that this was even possible. I let this go thinking that this may have been an anomaly. Finally, when I checked out I needed to get help verifying my flight times and information. The woman at the counter tried telling me that they didn't make outgoing calls. Once I told her I've seen them make calls she then told me that since I checked out she wouldn't help me. Just another note, they had their Chinese flag flying at full mast above the Belize flag on the adjacent flagpole. To me this was a perfect example of how disrespectful and arrogant the people at this hotel were.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2011

We ended up getting taken to China Town hotel by a guy on the street who promised to get us a 'good deal' (silly, I know, but it was raining and we were so tired!)- it turned out to be pretty good value, and we had a room with aircon, a kettle, a TV, a clean ensuite, and the hotel had a nice pool and outdoors area. So it wasn't bad at all- but there are so many cute little places to stay in Caye Caulker- little beach huts and colourful buildings- that this really isnt the most exciting place you could stay. In our case, we met some really good friends by the pool and ended up spending lots of time drinking around the pool with them. But without that, I probably would have regretted staying there!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank louisewitham
Reviewed August 11, 2011

All I want in a hotel is comfortable and safe place to sleep that I can lock up my junk. This place worked. It wasn't fancy but it was clean and the A/C in the room kept it dry and comfortable. I paid $39/night. The courtyard/pool area looked like at good place to hang out if you wanted.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Although the air conditioned room provides a break from May's punishing sun, China Town Hotel provides little other bang for your buck. Internet, food, rooms and laundry are all expensive and none are anything to write home about.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends