“Nice atmosphere and awesome chips”

Tropical Paradise Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 94 Restaurants in Caye Caulker
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice atmosphere and awesome chips”
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

A great place to enjoy some nachos and beers. They make there own chips which are awesome. They have a great bucket of beers deal which is a pretty nice way to spend an afternoon (comes with chips and salsa). It is not right on the beach but separated from it by a cemetery... Kinda a cool scenery I must admit. Good and very nice service.

• Polish first
Albuquerque, NM USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I read about Lobster Fest in the Belize area. Once lobster season starts in June several of the local islands have a festival to celebrate and eat lobster. Caye Caulker was having their Lobster Fest while I was in Belize and free to go. My son and I took the water taxi to the island and the first place we stopped was the Tropical Paradise for breakfast. In my mind's eye the day before I could see myself eating scrambled eggs with lobster and Tropical Paradise made my dreams come true. Honestly, there was more lobster than egg and it was served with fry jacks which are deep-fried tortillas like sopapillas or frybread.

• Visited June 2012
“Breakfast”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We went here for breakfast one morning. It was quite a nice spot for a relaxing quiet coffee and very fresh fruit plate. The staff was friendly also.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Coconut Lobster”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Need I say more to evoke the true spirit of island living. The coconut sauce is subtle but oh so good ladled over the lobster tail. You soak up the sauce when you stir it into the bed of rice under your lobster. Open air dining in this delightful cement patio. Can't miss this place when you walk to the end of main street, heading the opposite end from the split, as you will walk right into their patio. Add a great island punch and you feel like you have found the spot to settle for life. Don't forget to take your picture at the wood cutout at the entrance. You can put your head on a rasta body to become one of the island locals.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank DebW175
Houston, Texas
“A little more slow”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We arrived at 7:25am and were told that they didn't open until 7:30. We had to be in a scuba class for 8:30 and I did not want to eat and ruch then get into the water and cramp up. Because we were early,I felt that they waited until almost 7:40 before seating us. The food was average but a little pricey compared to other places.

• Visited May 2012