“Best experience we have ever had diving!”
Review of Scuba Sensations

Scuba Sensations
Thousand Oaks, California
“Best experience we have ever had diving!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The hosts were amazing! Nice small personal boat. We booked the family on their boat and it was awesome!!!! My kids had just gotten certified and they felt very safe, but were able to explore. They were accommodating when we wanted to have lunch a little longer and The dive master Ian, was safe and fun and seemed like he was as much in awe as we were even though he dives it everyday! . We looked at everything and he let us stop at one animal or coral if we wanted for a while. It was very personalized and Javier!!!! what a great island host. All of the staff were always smiling laughing and positive. WE had so much fun that we booked snorkeling the next day as well.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“For the savvy diver who wants a personalized experience”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I spent five days diving with Bert and his two great guys, Eric and Javier. But for the whining needy tourists we had on one day - it was a well run, safe, friendly, professional, and informative blast. My two young daughters had just got certified and Bert's guys took care of them as if they were their own. We always felt safe, and under attentive care. Made our vacation into a gem.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Thehandofgod
Salt Lake City, Utah
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“My New Friends on Caye Caulker”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We just spent 7 nights on Caye Caulker and one of the highlights was our experiences and with Bert ,Ian and Havier from Scuba Sensations. They were recommended to us after we asked around and talked to some locals about where they go to dive....Scuba sensations was top of the list for the locals!
My Husband and I joined my sister and her family on Caye Caulker. My sister's teenage girls and my husband were all newly certified to diving, so I wasn't certain how they would take to the new sport.....well we had an excellent time a big part because of scuba sensations! We went diving into these canyons and saw amazing and beautiful sea life! Ian is the divemaster explains things very carefully and he goes slow so we had a lot of time to look at things. They make a point to not try to fit in another group for the day so we felt like we had plenty of time all day to play with the sharks and turtles.
According to Belize diving standards one divemaster can take up to 8 divers. Bert takes no more than 7 on his boat. Of the four days we went with them we had 6 or 7 on our boat. We saw a lot of other Scuba outfits with many divers onboard and it looked so impersonal compared to our experience. Havier drives the boat and keeps us entertained, Ian kept us focused on safety and seeing cool sealife!! Bert is usually booking the trips around 4 in the afternoon.
Primarily, we felt safe and well taken care of and the reason I give Scuba Sensatons is 5 stars is because we had fun and we didn't feel like "just another tourist"

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Stay away...”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

..Bert, the owner, tells you that he will only take six people per dive, but he will put on as many as he can take. When I booked with him on Dec 27th 2013, he told me that he doesn't EVER take more then 6 people per trip and that there is a dive master in the water and one on the boat...well the person on the boat has a sinus problem and can't dive below ten feet and Ian the dive master is irresponsible. On my second dive there were 7 people on the dive boat and one dive master, clearly over the six max that Bert had guarenteed. Ian the dive master can't count and he was missing a set of fins for a client.He had to borrow a fin from a paying customer...which meant the Dive master were diving with only one fin.
One client told Ian during the briefing that she had a problem equalizing and that she was uncomfortable and asked if he would buddy up with her! which Ian assured her that he would.
Well she had a problem equalizing at the surface and our Dive Master was eighty feet below with the six other clients and not at all in any way close to her or evidently concerned. He signalled to us to stay put and proceeded to as send to the surface to help her out.Meanwhile the rest of us are at the bottom burning air and waiting for there return.we wasted half of the dive because our dive master didn't properly buddy up...something you learn on the first day of your Padi Cert course.
When I spoke to Bert about these concerns( how he lied about the max group size, the reason I signed up with them) as well as the irresponsible actions of his Dive Master...Bert was defensive and full of excuses and justifications, only after telling him that I wasn't there looking for a refund did he seem remotely interested in my concerns.

1 Thank Paul v
Columbia, Missouri
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Okay experience, but not the best in town”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I dove with SS because my choice shop was fully booked. Burt was a cool guy, but didn't end up going on our dive. He told me they were planning to go to Esmerelda, but it was possible they would switch locations. I was disappointed the morning of the dive when they told me they had changed plans to go to the less interesting Caye Chapel Canyons. The guys on the dive boat were really fun and fairly professional. However, on our first dive, one of their regular clients was the first in the water didn't follow instructions to wait at the surface for the group. We watched her descend and not come back up, so the guys must have assumed that she would be fine waiting at the bottom for us. By the time the rest of us were geared up and in the water, she was nowhere to be seen. The dive master was the last one down and started to gesture for us to follow him before he realized we we're missing one of our group. He surfaced and we had to wait a good 15+ minutes for him to find her and rejoin our group. I used up over a third of my air on the first dive just waiting around on a sandy bottom! Needless to say I was not impressed. When we surfaced this regular of theirs said she saw some dolphins and when we didn't join her she swam with them for a while and asked us not to tell Burt. The second dive went much better, and I can't blame our guides too much, but I was left dissatisfied compared to the super professional experience that I had with another shop in town.

Visited November 2013