“Amazing for small groups”
Review of Scuba Sensations

Scuba Sensations
Louisville, Colorado
“Amazing for small groups”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Not the big dive shops that pack them in. They don't let more than 6 people in the group. We had our own private with them and they still took us. They only do one boat trip a day. We went out all day. They didn't rush to come pack and take the next group out. AMAZING! highly recommend. I would come back and use them for sure.

Visited May 2011

Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bert Pacheco for President of Belize.”
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Finding the right dive master is like finding a soul mate. The stars really have to align when it comes to diving because you really don't want things to go wrong... especially when you're underwater. I called up 3-4 shops and eventually decided to go with Scuba Sensations because he runs small - I'm not into big dive shops for some reason. I got in to Caye Caulker and went right away to meet Bert and I liked him right off the bat. As a local he's been diving since he was 19 and was born and raised right on Caye Caulker - SO HE KNOWS THE WATERS REAL WELL.

I didn't actually dive with Bert himself but instead with two of his trusty dive masters, Richie and Armando ("Mangar"). And these guys were super hard workers and great to chat with. They got all the equipment set up for us and carried it on to the boats. All we had to do was slip into our BCD vests and jump in. I have to tell you I'm a huge air hog... when most people are at 1,000 psi, I'm at 500 already. Both Richie and Armando on separate dives were more than willing to share their air with me and extend my dive time. *Sad to say, I did not get that same treatment from another dive shop that I won't mention in Caye Caulker. They basically sent me up to the surface so that they would have one less diver to worry about.

First Day - Hol Chan Marine Reserve
This is a great intro into the waters of Caye Caulker. The ride was a bit bumpy. Things we saw: turtles, nurse sharks, eels, giant grouper, horse eye jacks, seahorse, lobsters

Second Day - Key Chapel
This was my favorite diving day. Before we got into the water, I told Richie I'd buy him 2 beers for each manta ray we saw. I bought him 4 beers. It was amazing to see the manta rays. Richie is also nicknamed the Executioner. There's a current campaign to kill lionfish which are un-contested predators that came from Florida. They can eat as many as 15 fish a day and are a nuisance. The Executioner killed 16 of them this day. If you like coral canyons, I recommend Key Chapel... it's beautiful to dive.

Go with Scuba Sensations. They give you the time of day. And extra air.

Visited April 2011
2 Thank dealinhoz
Atlanta, Georgia
“Scuba Sensation is the best on Caye Caulker.”
Reviewed February 25, 2010

This is our second trip to Caye Caulker and would not dive with any other shop than Scuba Sensation. Bert epitomizes professionalism, safety and customer service. His boats are never over-loaded. He loves what he does and it shows. I highly recommend it for any one going to Caye Caulker.

New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“THE BEST ON CAYE CAULKER!”
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Bert is a hidden gem. I think that Scuba Sensations is a one man show, but he really is the best. My boyfriend and I completed our open water certification with him over New Years, so we dove with him on four dives at the local reef over two days. He took complete care of us, made us feel comfortable, and he's funny too. And he'll stop to take you snorkeling in between dives as well. We were a little nervous about whether he actually existed, as we could only find information on him on tripadvisor, but that's just the way Bert prefers to do business. He loves what he does, really knows his stuff, and will give you his complete attention on the dives. If I make it back to Caye Caulker, I will be diving with him every day!

London
“Great to see Bert's still got it!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Really wonderful to read that Bert is still teaching diving on caye caulker. He taght me to dive in 1998 - a really great instructor!!