We just returned from what started out as a rough trip, we were delayed a day due to New Jersey winter weather but once on the island we couldn't have been more pleased. Our transfer was waiting for us at the airport, brought us straight to the hotel where the front desk attendant (I think Amelia was her name) was extremely helpful and pleasant. Any questions we had she and the other staff members were more than happy to help us out with.
Our room was great, #302, just the right size for my husband and I. The location was perfect, within walking distance of everything! They have a restaurant on site with great food and service and their own dock where we were picked up daily for our dives.
The room had air conditioning but the 2 vents shot cold air directly on the couch and bed which got to be a bit much after a few minutes.
Being that we are divers it was very convenient that they had a rinse bucket on site and the large balcony off of our room was mostly in the sun which made for a great place to lay out our gear to dry after a day of diving.
We used their laundry service for our "winter" clothes to wear back home, they were supposed to be back by 5:00pm the same day but didn't get back till 8:00am the following morning so don't wait till the last minute if you are going to do the same. The clothes were still a little damp when they were returned to us but not to the point that they were unwearable.
Maid service came daily and did a great job. Towels were replaced daily without us asking, a lot of resorts/hotels on the islands do every other day to conserve water.
Don't go while Carnival is going on if you like quiet evenings and limited children. The children run wild in the streets painting each other and mostly everyone in their path and the whole town is very active and loud.
All in all we enjoyed our stay here and would return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SunBreeze Suites is situated in the laid back beach town of San Pedro, on the popular Ambergris Caye. At our front door, the town welcomes you to join in the fun, and out our back door, you are just a few steps from the Caribbean Sea and the largest Barrier Reef in the Western Hemisphere (a UNESCO world heritage site). SunBreeze Suites is comprised of twenty comfortable one bedroom vacation suites overlooking the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Each Suite comes with a private balcony from where you can enjoy breathtaking sunrises, refreshing cool sea-breezes and romantic moonlight nights. We offer complimentary WiFi to keep you connected with your loved ones. It is within walking distance to grocery stores, entertainment centers, local and gourmet restaurants, banks, fruit shops, caffes, and Belizean art galleries. This San Pedro Hotel offers an open air-beach front restaurant & bar, pool, dock, and Free Wi-Fi in-suites and common areas. Jambel Jerk Pit Restaurant & Bar offers a fusion of Belize's signature flavours with the perfect blend of Jamaican Cuisine. Carefully selected spices are utilized which are sure to tantalize your taste, while the exceptional aroma awakes you! Open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner (from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm daily). Offering "All you can eat buffet on Wednesday with live music from 6:00 pm to 9:30pm and Happy hour on Fridays from 5:00pm to 9:00pm. " Belize Dive Connection" a well known and respected dive operation for over 15 years now, just an 8 minute stroll away, provides The SunBreeze Suites' guests with safe and professional diving. Diving, Snorkeling, Beach Picnics, and/or Fishing trips are just a few of the many tours available from this beachfront hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your SunBreeze Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunbreeze Hotel San Pedro
- Sunbreeze Resort San Pedro
- SunBreeze Suites Belize/San Pedro