“Excellent snorkel tour, excellent guide, excellent service”

Searious Adventures
Ranked #9 of 78 Tours in San Pedro
More attraction details
Owner description: CAVE TUBING, ZIP LINING, MAYAN RUINS, SNORKELING, FISHING, BEACH BBQ, MANATEES, SHARKS & STING RAYS AND MORE.... SEArious Adventures is committed to providing the most professional tour possible and pride ourselves in offering educational fun!! Join our Adventures with Willie Leslie and Crew. All local licensed Guides!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 28, 2012

One of the things to do in Belize is to visit the Hol Chan Marine reserve. My hotel helped me book a tour with SEArious Adventures snorkeling trip to the reefs. I was a bit skeptical, but after the first tour, I immediately booked a follow on for the afternoon. There's two tours, one at 9am, and one in the afternoon around 2. Our guide (forgot his name) was excellent, picked me up from the docks in front of my hotel and took us out to reserve to 3 different locations in the reefs. He was funny and incredibly informative as we took a 3 hour snorkel trips through the reefs pointing out at all the different fish and coral formations and grabbing a sting ray for us to pet as well as teasing a moray eel to come out for us to photograph. He guided you among beautiful locations of the reefs and to sections where all the sea turtles were including some gigantic ones. After we're all done, he gave us some of the cocunut tarts he brought for us and dropped us back off at the hotel.

Definitely recommend again and again

There are newer reviews for Searious Adventures

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We had a great day of snorkeling from their catamaran. The crew (captain Frank, crewman Danny) were knowledgeable about local fauna, history, and environment, fun to be around, and Danny provided tasty snacks and punch (+ and - rum). There were only 7 of us on the trip, which made it smooth and companionable. We voted for three dives and cut short our stop at Caulker Caye to make time for the third dive. It was hot at Caulker and none of us felt like walking around there anyway. Riding on a catamaran is far smoother than bouncing along on a powerboat. At US$85, the trip was a bit pricey but absolutely worth it.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The tour guides were so fun and really made the trip! We shopped around a bit and found that this was the best priced trip to do the Xunantunich and Cave tubing trip, I can't speak to the other trips. I would definitely recommend it!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Booked 2 tours with SeaRious as soon as we got on the island. Lamanai was awesome. SeaRious picked us up right from the dock where we were staying taking all transportation issues from our minds. The guides gave great information and the guide at Lamanai was really SeaRious! He knew everything and even carried a tattered notebook with pictures and notes of his own which he frequently used as a teaching tool. I especially appreciated the home cooked lunch the guides served us. That food was prepared and served in tupperware containers which leads me to believe it was cooked by some one personally. The coconut tarts...Oh yeah! I liked this. Lamanai was a LONG day from start to finish because of its remote location but wow, we saw iguanas, crocodiles, all kinds of birds and though we didnt see any Howler monkeys we sure heard them! The ruins...incredible. Be prepared for a long day and a numb backside from the boat rides and the bus but thats all part of the trip!

Snorkeling for the day from the Catamaran was incredible. Once again the guides, Wayne, Giovanni and Frankie were the best. My wife was not overly comfortable in the water as she had never snorkeled before but that was no problem. Wayne stayed by her almost the entire time and took special care to make sure she enjoyed the experience. Priceless service! Bang for the buck this rates a 10. OHHHHH and more of those coconut tarts! Just such a wonderful Relaxing day on that beautiful water. HolChan and Shark ray ally was awesome. Sharks, Rays, all kinds of fish, corals...Good chance to get over to Caye Caulker and explore too.

I highly recommend using SeaRious based on our personal experience with them, however, I must agree with a couple other posts I see here. While our guides have no control over what people drink while off the boat visiting Caye Caulker they need to have a policy regarding whats prudent to have while on the water with them. Unfortunately a few people had a hard time controlling themselves and a little too much rum punch was served in my opinion. If I had children I might be inclined to ask SeaRious what the policy is and just make sure something as silly as a few too many doesnt affect the trip in a negative way.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I were book with SEArious tours for a mainland trip to Xunantunich/Cave Tubing. We took a high speed boat back to the mainland (1hr or so) Got in a van with one of the SEArious guides and a local driver to Xunantunich. Drive is 1hr 45min. Our guide (shorter mayan guy) was great. Dont take my not remembering his name as a bad thing. I am bad with names all the time and vacation is no exception. He was very informative about the area on our whole trip. He answered questions easily. Xunantunich was awesome (our first ruin). we got to climb it. Our guide even helped us to get some awesome shots of us on the ruin. Great time.

We then went to the cavetubing portion (this was headed back the way we came about an hour) The cavetubing was cool and a first as well. It was kinda scary. You sat in an inner tube in the water in the dark. You couldnt see in the water. If that would both you maybe not a good trip addition. Awesome to see with the litttle headlamps. Mosquitoes are not that great and i would probably put on some repellant. I thought since I had on under armour leggins I wouldnt need any but i got bit through my clothes.

In the middle we got to go to a neat little local place for some local Belizean food. Great food. The guide let us know that there were small snacks and sodas, rum punch and beers avail for the whole ride boat and van. That was nice on the way home and a little rowdy. In a good way.

We then took the speedboat back to the island. Price was definitely great for the amount of stuff involved with the trip. We recommend to aventurous folks.

Hol Chan/Shark Ray Alley Snorkel--- Great snorkel trip. Only took about 4 hrs from docktodock. Definitely a popular place but we didnt run into anyone in the water not from our group which was 6/7 people. The guides tend to space it out a bit. Saw a sea turtle and a lion fish along with a lot of other fish. Free rum punch and water and a fun snack at the end. Would recommend as well. In shark ray alley well its mostly the same but there are big sharks in the water. A bit frightening but thrilling.