All reviews no worries paddle boards water taxi mexico rocks sea grass ambergris caye beach bar in town best beach on the island sandy point fish belize city tour company stove top drinking water boat ride rum punch
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2018

We stayed at a nearby resort but stopped in here for a drink at the bar. The new management of the bar and restaurant promises improved service and quality. The bar is right on the beach with a great view.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank GoRovers
Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Location: This resort is about 7 miles from the town of San Pedro.

Transportation: You can either drive or take the Coastal Express boat back and forth to town. We traveled back and forth to town via a golf cart (rented from San Pedro for $50 a day) and by the Costal Express boat. You can purchase one way or round trip boat passes at the front desk. It’s cheaper by a few bucks than paying on board.

Resort: We stayed 10 nights at this resort. The resort is absolutely lovely and very well maintained! They clean all the seaweed that is dragged in by the ocean a few times a day in order for the guests to enjoy the beach and get into the ocean. All the rooms have balconies and are nice. Each room has a fully equipped kitchen.

Cleaning Service: The rooms were cleaned on a daily basis although there was a day where they missed our room. Also we found it a little odd that one of the days the cleaning service took our food. We had a container of food that we left in a plastic bag on the kitchen table. After a day of relaxing on the beach and going back to our room the bag was gone... very bizarre but wasn’t really a big deal.

Staff: Overall the staff is friendly. Our favorite was Samantha the bar tender. She always had a smile on her face... I enjoyed talking to her.

Restaurant: There is one restaurant onsite called “Temple Run”. We found it to be very expensive and were served stale food a number of times. My husband is vegetarian (he doesn’t eat eggs, seafood or meat) it would have been nice if there was something simple as pizza on the menu. Also make sure to check your bill... we noticed that we were charged different amounts for the same food item. Most guest made their breakfast and lunch in their rooms and ate dinner out. We had some of our meals at the resort as it was convenient on the days we were hanging around the resort but went into San Pedro for Dinner which was well worth it! So many more options with better quality and pricing! I love to try local food and for that we had to go into town.

Bar: Loved the bar. Located over the water... they had all day happy hour (buy one get one free) for the drink of the day... :)

Pools: They have two pools where one can relax. One in the middle of the resort and the other towards the back.

Water Sports: The resort provides non motorized sports equipment such as kayaks, stand up paddle boards, snorkeling gear etc.

All in all other than the restaurant this place is definitely worth it! We believe it’s the only resort in the area with the best beach! There were days were we felt as if we had the island to ourselves!

3  Thank KP_The_Explorer
Reviewed March 17, 2018

On our fourth visit to Ambergris Caye, we chose this facility on the North end of the Island. We had a beachfront villa. The resort is quiet. The unit was just feet from the beach, comfortable and clean, but getting a little " long in the tooth " with some evident maintenance items such as poor water pressure and iffy toilet flush effectiveness. The staff was terrific and the " in house " restaurant , Temple Run ", was very good. It's about 7 miles from San Pedro so plan on water taxi costs or brave the very rough road to town in a golf cart or on bikes. Overall, a good experience. Would visit again.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

I had been doing volunteer work on Ambergris Caye and decided to spend my last vacation week on the north end of the island. It was a beautiful and relaxing location. This is a long way from the town of San Pedro and the drive via golf cart is FULL of potholes. I definitely recommend you travel by the water taxi at $8 USD each direction (about 30 minutes) unless you want to challenge your driving skills.
The rooms are large with a kitchen. Make sure you bring your groceries from town as there are no stores nearby. I ate at the beach bar some days and the shrimp ceviche and fish and chips were tasty. Some of the hotel looks a little tired but nothing to interfere with a great vacation.
There are 2 pools plus a nice beach. They have been challenged with sea grass on shore lately but work hard everyday to keep it under control.
I took 3 snorkeling trips while there with Tuff Enuff. They have an office onsite. Tigger was a fantastic guide and he went to different sites at Mexico Rocks each time.
Rent a golf cart and visit Secret Beach while there. It might be the best beach in Belize.
My only disappointment was all the kayaks were doubles. I really wanted to paddle but since I was traveling on my own it wasn’t a possibility.
Overall a fabulous stay!

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank 459lorrainea
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here the last few days. I’ll start by saying I was here alone, flew into the country alone. The hotel made my transfer over to the island and resort super smooth. From immediate booking of the hotel, they contacted me to arrange transport. They booked my flight from Belize City (without an extra fee to do so) to San Pedro, and my water taxi to the hotel (this does have a US$25 round trip fee). A hotel rep met me at the Belize City airport and assisted me into my small aircraft, and another rep was waiting for me on the other side for pickup. They drove me down to the dock and guided me into the boat.

Arriving to the hotel the hospitality continued. José was excellent, had all the paperwork ready, a welcome drink, and showed us around the hotel answering all questions. Similar to what you expect at a 5 star hotel. He was very attentive to my needs, aware I was traveling alone, asking me how my first night was and what else I needed. On my departure he called my next hotel and arranged transport for me with them.

Barry was the bar and restaurant manager. He was super friendly and fun, also were his crew. This place is small, it’s a first name basis type of place. Every guest is greeted with a hi (name) how are you, how was your night, any plans, etc. they made my solo trip feel less lonely.

The grounds were cleaned and well maintained. Happened to be a lot of seaweed when I was there but the guys were cleaning from 6a-noon. It was excellent. The room was a great size. I had a beautiful balcony, which initially did not have a hammock like the others, but I asked for one and got it right away. Full gallons of filtered water in the room which they filled when needed. Amenities are what is throwing this place off. Everything is super clean, daily housekeeping, air conditioned rooms, the beds were really comfortable, and a full kitchen too,
BUT... here are the cons...
- the fixtures in the room could use updating. I know it’s not a 5 star place, it’s still nice, but my tub was very rusty and so were the fixtures in the shower and sinks. The water in the shower smelled a bit weird, like chemicals?
- nothing is included. This hotel is secluded from everything, getting to town requires a water taxi which is pricey, $10 each way. So this forces you to eat at the hotel restaurant unless you go to the market before arrival. Food was good but pricey. Breakfast is NOT included, main reason I didn’t stay longer here. Having a hotel with included breakfast makes a HUGE difference in travel expenses.
- kayaks and SUP are free but you have to rent snorkel gear. Unless you book a snorkel tour then it’s free. Silly.

To make this hotel more appealing to people round trip airport transfer and included breakfast would be a significant benefit to this place and make people go out of there way to stay here.

2  Thank kayymf08