We stayed 6 nights at X'Tan Ha in July, 2014 and absolutely loved it. We stayed in 2B, an upstairs unit on the beach. It was wonderful to be able to look out of the window, or sit on our porch (which we did often) and have a full view of the carribean sea. Based on what I saw while staying here (and researched before our trip), X'Tan Ha has the best beach in the area. Other resorts may have fancier pools, etc but if you are looking for a place you can walk feet from your door and sit in a lounge chair (on spotless sand) with an amazing Carribean view and place to swim, this is it!
Our villa was very nice and comfortable - the perfect size for our family of three (my husband, 8 yr old son and me). The kitchenette was perfect for making breakfast and lunch. We ordered from an online grocery and our fridge was stocked upon arrival, a definite plus! For dinner we ate out one night at a nearby resort they recommended and loved it. We only ate one night in the restaurant at X'Tan Ha and it was excellent - we should have eaten there more!
In the rooms they provide plenty of drinking water, towels (bath and beach), toiletries - all you need. The office had DVDs you could borrow and we took advantage of that. AND there were kayaks, paddle boards, a trampoline and the manager told us they were going to get paddle boats soon. And the pool was very nice, our son enjoyed it :)
We stayed at a resort inland our first three nights in Belize (another excellent resort, see my other review). So when we arrived at the beach we were ready for relaxing by the sea and some snorkeling tours. We did two tours with No Worries Tours and loved it. They were great to work with and it was so convenient to have them right there. We also enjoyed snorkeling in the water right at X'Tan Ha.
This is a relatively quiet resort. We are not big on hanging out at the bar, though i did enjoy a pina colada that tasted so good. There was usually a group enjoying the bar (and the World Cup). The beach was not overly crowded. We enjoyed meeting the other guests who were staying there. We saw couples young and older, as well as families. If you are looking for a big party resort, this may not be it. But if you are looking for a place to get a way from it all - this is defiinitely the place!!
Lastly, the staff were wonderful! From the people who checked us in, took care of the grounds, worked in the restaurant and bar...everyone was very helpful and took care of everything we needed. We also enjoyed talking with the manager, very friendly!
I highly recommend X'Tan Ha Resort :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a tranquil, luxurious and romantic destination at X'tan Ha Resort, located just 7.2 Miles North of San Pedro Town. This truly exotic, tropical resort offers one bedroom suites, with spacious kitchens and living areas. Each villa offers a private verandah overlooking the pristine Caribbean Sea. X'tan Ha offers complimentary water sports- kayaks, paddle boards, paddle boat, hobie cat sailing, and a water trampoline. X'tan Ha offers complimentary transfers upon arrival/departure from/to San Pedro town upon arrival and departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your X'tan Ha Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belize Legacy Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel Belize Legacy Beach
- X'Tan Ha Resort Belize/San Pedro