X'tan Ha Resort
Ranked #12 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed 6 nights at X'Tan Ha in July, 2014 and absolutely loved it. We stayed in 2B, an upstairs unit on the beach. It was wonderful to be able to look out of the window, or sit on our porch (which we did often) and have a full view of the carribean sea. Based on what I saw while staying here (and researched before our trip), X'Tan Ha has the best beach in the area. Other resorts may have fancier pools, etc but if you are looking for a place you can walk feet from your door and sit in a lounge chair (on spotless sand) with an amazing Carribean view and place to swim, this is it!

Our villa was very nice and comfortable - the perfect size for our family of three (my husband, 8 yr old son and me). The kitchenette was perfect for making breakfast and lunch. We ordered from an online grocery and our fridge was stocked upon arrival, a definite plus! For dinner we ate out one night at a nearby resort they recommended and loved it. We only ate one night in the restaurant at X'Tan Ha and it was excellent - we should have eaten there more!
In the rooms they provide plenty of drinking water, towels (bath and beach), toiletries - all you need. The office had DVDs you could borrow and we took advantage of that. AND there were kayaks, paddle boards, a trampoline and the manager told us they were going to get paddle boats soon. And the pool was very nice, our son enjoyed it :)

We stayed at a resort inland our first three nights in Belize (another excellent resort, see my other review). So when we arrived at the beach we were ready for relaxing by the sea and some snorkeling tours. We did two tours with No Worries Tours and loved it. They were great to work with and it was so convenient to have them right there. We also enjoyed snorkeling in the water right at X'Tan Ha.

This is a relatively quiet resort. We are not big on hanging out at the bar, though i did enjoy a pina colada that tasted so good. There was usually a group enjoying the bar (and the World Cup). The beach was not overly crowded. We enjoyed meeting the other guests who were staying there. We saw couples young and older, as well as families. If you are looking for a big party resort, this may not be it. But if you are looking for a place to get a way from it all - this is defiinitely the place!!

Lastly, the staff were wonderful! From the people who checked us in, took care of the grounds, worked in the restaurant and bar...everyone was very helpful and took care of everything we needed. We also enjoyed talking with the manager, very friendly!

I highly recommend X'Tan Ha Resort :)

Room Tip: Building 2 or 3 provide waterfront (a little more money but worth it for the view) and are further f...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Squirl828
Oliver D, Manager at X'tan Ha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Thanks again for choosing X'tan Ha Resort for your recent vacation, the new peddle boats have arrived and they are fun, fun, fun! Thanks for recommending us to other travelers, we do hope this means you will return as well, we look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Spent the first half our honeymoon in Belize at this beautiful resort. The service was superb and the rooms were spacious, clean and well kept. The beach here was pristine. We took a kayak to Mexican Rocks reef (about a 25 minute paddle) and were able to see 3 nurse sharks, 8 stingrays and an eel, amongst the plethora of fish. Of the 4 days, we spent one evening in San Pedro, and that was enough. We liked the quiet and secluded get away and had a great time.

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms are pretty awesome.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

We are so happy you enjoyed our resort and service as well as got to enjoy so much Sea life. This past week our guests experienced hatching Turtles from the beach and Dolphins swimming past the dock. It's a special place and we are so happy to have the chance to share it. We look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Hi all...my name is Melicia or Mel like everyone calls me. I couldn't continue another day without writing this review. I have visited X'tan Ha Resort in Ambergris Caye Belize and that I can tell you was the most beautiful or I should say, the most breath taking part of my summer vacation. The first encounter was fun and exciting as I sailed across the beautiful caribbean Sea which expelled it's beauty in an emerald sort of way. The water was so appealing that I couldn't wait to reach the paradise that reveals such exotic path of beauty. As I journey on, I couldn't help but notice a peculiar white line not far from the path I was on. I was told that it is the Barrier Reef where corals and all sort of gentle sea creatures can be seen and interacted with. The place seemed almost unreal but I was alive so it was all reality. After sailing for seven miles which felt like 1 second, I arrived at the most beautiful destination in Belize...X'tan Ha Resort. The people, the service, the welcome and the sight could not compare to anywhere that I have visited in the world!!!!!!It was home...I call it home...The long deck overshadowing the ocean allow me to fix my heart to accept that I was at such heaven..The beach that stretched as far was white and clean giving off a sense of utmost cleanliness. ...The vast variety of things to entertain guest told me that there was no time to lose a moment thinking about going back....The flowers and the pool.. the tours to the barrier reef....awwwww!!!!!!! What a picturesque view!!!! It was all unbelievable! !! The people were like angels..not one negative word was spoken, not one look of sarcasm, not one request denied. It was a place that heals the soul. If people like these could be everywhere, this world would be heaven. I could go on and write a book that would be entitled True Paradise but this space would be too small. So I will end here and say that from the moment I landed in Ambergris Caye I was was stunned and what made my stay the most wonderful experience was X'tan Ha Resort. I WILL GO BACK! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE AWSOM!!!!! Please visit this beauty because that will answer your question...Is there a heaven on earth?

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank xhaymel

Wow! What can we say? Thank you for such an amazing and descriptive review. We are so honored to have hosted you and allowed you to discover the beauty of Ambergris Caye and X'tan Ha Resort. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

After looking at the amazing photos online, I was so excited to stay at X'tan ha, and I was not disappointed! Every room has a great view and the staff is amazing. We loved hanging at the Bar with Elder and Marco. They made our trip unforgettable. From the minute we arrived we were greeted with Rum Punch and we were incredibly well taken care of! We enjoyed the food at the restaurant and ate there almost every meal.

It is a bit farther from town. They have a boat service into town, but it can add up fast. I was actually not that impressed with San Pedro and preferred to stay at our wonderful hotel!

We borrowed bikes and rode down the beach to check out the area. No other hotel had a white sand beach like X'tan Ha. All the other hotel guests looked bored sitting by their pool, while our hotel was flutter of fun activity with everyone swimming and playing in the ocean. I don't know about you, but if I am going to the Caribbean I want to be in the ocean, not at the pool!

The resort is small enough that you get to know other travelers and we left with many new friends! One of the guests even caught a huge fish and the hotel grilled it there right on the beach and we all shared this delicious fresh fish!

The staff is willing to go the extra mile for you and I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone! Thanks for the great experience! We can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: If you get a pool view, request 6A or 6B
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Casey M
Oliver D, Manager at X'tan Ha Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thanks again for staying with us. It's true, we are a bit of a hike from town, but we try to ensure everyone knows this before they arrive. We are so glad this did not detract from the enjoyment of your vacation and that you found our location to be an asset. We work hard to provide the best service possible so we really appreciate the shout outs for our great staff. Looking forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Amazing condo on the beach. Quiet and perfect for couples. We had a bottle of champaign in our room when we arrived and Belizean chocolates at night. Hope to return sometime in the near future. Loved the staff. Felt right at home. No worries tours did a great job with the snorkeling trips to Ho chan and shark alley. Best snorkeling I have ever experienced.

Room Tip: 7b has a beautiful view of pool and ocean
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks again for choosing X'tan Ha to celebrate your anniversary. I do hope that you return next year for your 6th anniversary!

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I will be going back to this place for life. Its exactly what I needed. A secluded getaway. Perfect to get rest and relax. Its far enough from everything to relax and let go, but also close enough to get to the major city to do things if you so desire. The closest major city (San Pedro) is about a 25 minute 10 dollar boat ride from the resort. Very convenient water taxis, they run every hour and are very punctual. The resort really gives you the true island feel. The rooms are really nice and cold. The staff at the facility are very friendly and comforting. I literally didn't have to do a thing. It was great, the bartender would even bring the drinks to me as I laid on the sand catching sun, Thank you Tony Macaroni!! Love this place, I miss it dearly. See you guys in April!

Room Tip: After you have your flight and room reserved, also reserve a water taxi with "Tropic Ferry"...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Chris C

Thanks again for staying with us. We strive to provide superior guest service and an authentic island experience. We are so happy we hit that target for your stay! We have passed on your shout out to Tony and he says hello, and come back soon! Looking forward to hosting you again next year.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

X'Tan Ha is a very nice, small resort that caters to its travelers. From the second we arrived (greeted with a fantastic Rum Punch drink) we felt welcomed and pampered. The rooms are very large with a full kitchen, sitting area, and awesome shower.

Room Tip: This Hotel only has 32 rooms so all are extremely good!
2  Thank Jim S

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and felt pampered. We are always striving to improve our guest services and look forward to hosting you again!