Our route to X'tan Ha was an unusual one, as we had accommodations elsewhere on the island but sought more of a beach vacation than our planned resort could provide. We made a very last-minute call to X'tan and they picked us up in San Pedro within 15 minutes. We were impressed right off the bat, and even more so as they rolled out the welcome mat of island hospitality.
Upon reaching our beach front villa, we were confident that we had chosen the right place. The property is well-maintained, quiet, and laid out well. We heard many people comment at other resorts that X'tan Ha has the best swimming beach; we agree.
The staff at X'tan Ha were second-to-none. Our housekeeping team was always a step ahead of us and left little finishing touches the we looked forward to. Similarly, the grounds crew, such as Carlos shared their knowledge of the island and resort. We enjoyed several dinners and a breakfast in the restaurant with Joshua, our server who always wore a smile. The front desk staff, bartenders, and No Worries crew made us feel right at home and encouraged us to simply relax and enjoy. The entire staff contributed to our enjoyment of this beautiful place.
Our only reason for giving a "very good" rating rather than "excellent" is that we had a morning where there was a planned power outage for two hours. The power came back on within the planned window, so it wasn't a big problem. Additionally, the water was a little bit funky, both its aroma and its operation. We had an evening with no hot water, but we dealt with it. The island water smells sulfuric. X'tan provides a five-gallon jug of drinking water that they check regularly and replace if necessary. It was a nice touch, as not all resorts offer this as a complimentary service.
Overall, we'll go back if we have the opportunity and we will recommend X'tan Ha to our friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a tranquil, luxurious and romantic destination at X'tan Ha Resort, located just 7.2 Miles North of San Pedro Town. This truly exotic, tropical resort offers one bedroom suites, with spacious kitchens and living areas. Each villa offers a private verandah overlooking the pristine Caribbean Sea. X'tan Ha offers complimentary water sports- kayaks, paddle boards, paddle boat, hobie cat sailing, and a water trampoline. X'tan Ha offers complimentary transfers upon arrival/departure from/to San Pedro town upon arrival and departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your X'tan Ha Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belize Legacy Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel Belize Legacy Beach
- X'Tan Ha Resort Belize/San Pedro