We chose this place because the price is right and apparently it is about the only beach in Belize. The beach, grounds and condo did not disappoint. The solitude of the place can't be beat but It is remote and frequent trips into San Pedro are a bit pricey at $16 rt per person.
Our room far exceeded our expectations as it is large, clean, well maintained and has a ginromous balcony with a view of the pool and the ocean. We had clean beach towels everyday and there is wifi on the property. The beach is really beautiful and it is raked several times a day which we really appreciated. Free use of the kayaks and paddle boards is a bonus and we had some fun with those toys. The bar is a great place to hang out. Happy hour is from 4-6 and worth the effort as the pina colada is about the size of my head and worth every sip.
The food is definitely pricey, especially at dinner. Lunch was fine at around $10/15 per meal and the conch ceviche was some of the best I had while in Belize. Dinner however was another story all together with entrees between $25-35 but we knew this before booking as I had requested a copy of the menu during my research. There are 2 menus, dinner and the Tavern. I would have been happy eating ceviche all night long except that it was not offered in the evening. You do have a kitchen so picking up a few goodies is a good idea…we had some snacks and beer. If you are taking the water taxi from Belize city, consider stopping at Brodies Supermarket before heading out to the island as food is cheaper on the mainland. Brodies is on the left hand side of the road as you are coming into the city from the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to a tranquil, luxurious and romantic destination at X'tan Ha Resort, located just 7.2 Miles North of San Pedro Town. This truly exotic, tropical resort offers one bedroom suites, with spacious kitchens and living areas. Each villa offers a private verandah overlooking the pristine Caribbean Sea. X'tan Ha offers complimentary water sports- kayaks, paddle boards, paddle boat, hobie cat sailing, and a water trampoline. X'tan Ha offers complimentary transfers upon arrival/departure from/to San Pedro town upon arrival and departure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your X'tan Ha Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belize Legacy Beach Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel Belize Legacy Beach
- X'Tan Ha Resort Belize/San Pedro