“Best dive shop hands down!!”
Review of Chuck and Robbie's

Chuck and Robbie's
Reviewed October 23, 2013

the entire staff was very friendly and very accommodating and made my first dive trip very pleasing and relaxing.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Let me start by saying that locals dive here. We saw it on several occasions, and I believe that speaks in volumes. From the moment my wife and I stepped onto their dock we were made to feel right at home. We dove four days of two tankers, and one night, and never hit the same place twice. We thoroughly enjoyed the staff. Showing up in the morning and chatting about the happenings in San Pedro, and joining in the friendly banter was a blast. We left feeling like family, and dream of reuniting with these guys soon. A HUGE thank you to Robbie,Ishmael,Giovanni,Big Sexy,Danny,Miss Vidy, and the rest of the gang. THESE GUYS ROCK!

1  Thank bobertslobert
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

These guys were great and I strongly recommend them! Totally easy going, fun and very professional. My husband and I went in with the intention to only do 1 day of diving and we ended up doing 3 days. We didn't book one of the days but rather ran down from our resort and asked Robbie if we could join the crew. He had no problem with it, and was super accommodating. Geo and big sexy were great dive masters and always ensured the group was together. My dream was to see dolphins and I told big sexy... He took us to tackle box canyons where I saw a pod of dolphins, thanks big sexy! Geo is quiet but very thorough and knowledgable. You won't go wrong with these guys they're great. I recommend booking the dives before because the day we showed up last minute we ended up doing the same dive we already did the day before. That was our own fault.

3  Thank HotspotsAirdrie
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time doing our open water referral at Chuck and Robbie's in our group of 4. The instructors were professional and knowledgeable. The marine life was plentiful, schools of big Jacks, barracudas and nurse sharks. It was a great introduction to diving and an excellent way to get certified.

3  Thank JohnnyAndKate
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I went to San Pedro solely for diving for 10 days in April. We like smaller boutique style resorts and dive shops that have a fun, family feel where we get to know the staff. I can't recommend the combination of Chuck and Robbie's dive shop with Xanadu Island Resort highly enough.

Chuck and Robbie's rent top quality equipment and have a high standard for safety. The staff sets up your equipment for you and load it on/off the boat. Good idea to do an inventory check before you head out though.

I also really liked that divemasters will send people up with their buddy as they run low on air instead of taking the whole group up when the first diver is low.

The diving off San Pedro was spectacular. Underwater canyons that run perpendicular to the shore. 10-20 minute boat ride to the dive sites. In April the water temp was 82 degrees and visibility about 50-60 feet. Robbie said that viz is better earlier in the year but water is colder.

I would recommend diving with a dive computer or staying close to the divemaster. It was easy to lose track of time and depth. Divemasters often had to chase after divers and tell them to ascend to a shallower depth.

I would also recommend bringing Bonine. The boat ride was often bumpy. We could find Dramamine, but not Bonine.

We mainly dove with Giovanni who was a great divemaster and good at spotting wildlife - which we saw a lot of. You'll meet Big Sexy who is a big laugh but really knows his stuff. My mouthpiece was rubbing inside my mouth and he cut it down for me. The staff makes you feel like you are with friends and work to take care of you.

A boat from Chuck and Robbie's picked us up at Xanadu's dock in the morning. It was a 5 minute boat ride to the dive shop which is a friendly fun place to hang out. After our second dive, the dive boat dropped us back off at the resort between 12 and 1 pm. We left our regs and BCDs on the boat. The staff at Chuck and Robbie's will rinse it for you and set it up for your morning dive. Xanadu has a GREAT facility for washing the gear we brought back with us - sinks, a large rinse barrel and lockers with padlocks made from wire mesh where you can hang your gear overnight so you don't have to hang it in your condo. Of course, we brought our dive computers back to our condo.

More about Xanadu Island Resort and area restaurants on my Xanadu review