“Tranquil Luxurious Paradise!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mayan Islands Resort
Ranked #51 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed August 8, 2014

My gf and I stayed at Mayan Islands resort back in 2012 when it was still being built. Even then you could just tell that the quality of the resort was going to be top notch, and the service would be outstanding... and it was! Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Every meal was top notch, especially the steak and lobster, yum! Even though it's only one mile from San Pedro, it feels like a million miles away from everything, which adds to the tranquility. I would unreservedly recommend it to anyone, and I look forward to going back in the near future!

Room Tip: Nothing to choose from, they are all great!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JasonStoll

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Mayan island is a great experience for anyone, The Best way to relax and feel like you are on your own private Island. The staff is great! The rooms are at the highest quality of workmanship, the linen on the beds makes sleeping at its best !!! Can't wait to return

Room Tip: Book as soon as possible!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Tonyr40
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Back in October of 2013, I traveled to Belize for the first time, landing in San Pedro, Belize’s most lively and interesting city. I quickly discovered a land and country I knew very little about prior to this trip with warm, helpful and friendly, English-speaking, people throughout San Pedro. Lovely, quaint shops filled with local curios and art abound and the golf carts (no cars) were always available to give a lift to wherever you might want to go. The water taxi to whisk you to the island resort was conveniently close by and provided a short 4-minute hop, skip and jump ride to the island where waiting staff greeted and welcomed us.

The actual accommodations were as nice as any I’ve stayed in anywhere. I was ushered to a villa suite which was spacious and nicely appointed with local sculptures and paintings. The furniture was first class and hewn by the builder from local, authentic Belizean tree wood. The feeling was special indeed. Everything else within the villa was first class and modern. The best part was to sit out on the front deck of the villa in the quiet of the early evening after the sun had gone down - gazing out into space beyond distant islands and sipping on a nice piña colada – the ultimate in relaxation and pleasure.

Every meal was prepared by a gourmet chef who prepared a first-class selection of main-meal offerings trimmed with many types of local touches… and always fresh fruit. Brenda, the Service Manager, was attentive and made all the arrangements for local snorkeling and swimming-with-the-sharks… and just about anything else that is available in terms of outside on-the-water activity. This place – the Mayan Islands Resort – is definitely a “thumbs up” experience, one which is likely to bring me back many more times in the future and I recommend it without reservation for anyone who desires a very, very nice place to get away to for a few days or a week or more.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Peter S
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I have been to Belize three times now and have to say it is one of the most relaxing, beautiful places on earth. This was my first stay at Mayan Islands and definitely won't be the last. Everything here was top of the line. The villas were huge, with private infinity pools and spectacular views. The food was great, fresh and made to order. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The location is a perfect combination; totally private but just a short boat ride to restaurants, clubs, shopping and other attractions. My wife and I were only there for 3 days and hated to leave. We will definitely be back for a longer stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms have fantastic views and amenities, you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Dave W
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Though I have been to San Pedro, Belize many times for its culture, climate and the best diving in the world, The Mayan Island Resort gave me a new perspective. The resort is the most relaxing I have ever visited. The Staff is incredible. The are all quick to help in any situation and well versed about the local culture. The chief, Marlon was as talented and creative culinary out there. Brendalie, the resort manager was readily available and knowledgeable to all that this private island paradise has to offer.

Room Tip: All the Star Island villas have fantastic views of the ocean and beautiful white sandy beach.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Joel C
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Traveling for business has become a way of life for me and I am rarely surprised and when I am its usually not good. So when I have the opportunity to travel for pleasure my expectations are a little higher and Im more demanding of a quality experience.

Stepping into the Mayan Island resort was like walking onto the set of Fantasy Island. We were greeted at the Clubhouse with a tropical beverage and a smile. The rules of the resort were explained to me, their are no rules. Eat when you want, the chef seemed to be on duty 24/7. The water shuttle was at our disposal at anytime during the day, shopping, or evening for clubbing. The night life is fantastic fun and safe.

The accommodations are really spectacular. Each Villa was designed by famed Architect Coby Carp and it shows in the details from the huge timbers holding up the vaunted ceilings to the native furniture throughout our two bedroom. The private infinity pool behind overlooking the lagoon was a focal point.

As I mentioned the chef was extremely accommodating preparing foods to our request using local seafood/fish.

I can go on but I'm starting to sound like a travel writer. Bottom line if your looking for a unique fun, exotic vacation not to far from home this is the place

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Gary D
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

I came to this island with my wife wanting to get away and relax. Didn't want to have to deal with phones or any other business situations. We only stayed a long weekend, Friday to Sunday. This was our most relaxing weekend we've had together in a very long time. The breeze that's constantly present feels as though it's peeling the stress off you one layer at a time. The food at the Beach Club is the best I've had on any Island resort. I'd give it a 6 out of 5. Extremely fresh and using all the local flavors to enhance the taste. The salt water pool at the Beach Club was very relaxing and being that it is salt water, it's also very healthy for you. The accommodations were stunning. Very large and spacious rooms all with a kitchen, living room, master bedroom and a spare bedroom. Very large bathrooms with a rain shower head. There's also even an outdoor shower. If you wanted to go to San Pedro for a little nightlife or to just take in the scenery, it's only a 5 minutes boat ride that the crew gladly takes you. My wife and I will definitely be going again in the very near future.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple