“Incredible experience!”

Ranked #102 of 199 Restaurants in San Pedro
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gem restaurant and Tikki pool bar with a few steps to the view of the beautiful Caribbean Sea and majestic beach view. Gem restaurant offers an indoor air-conditioning dinning and an outdoor shaded porch, and offering an intimated romantic ambiance beach dinner settings with exquisite food presentation. Our menu at Gem restaurant is an ever changing rainbow of delicacies, lovingly prepared using only the very freshest and finest ingredients, seasoned with fresh herbs and Caribbean seasoning. Samplings including our famous seafood ceviche, blacken snapper, shrimp curry, surf and turf, and mushroom fillet mignon. Also fresh seafood, salads, and incredible homemade Sopa de lima, and above all we are well known for our incredible pastas. Tikki bar offers a large selection of drinks, and cool tropical cocktails, and a selection of wines by glass or bottle.
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I was absolutely blown away by El Zafiro. Chef Vic's creations showcase a true passion for the culinary arts. You can definitely taste the quality of the ingredients he uses in his dishes. Everything was amazing, from the fresh fish, refreshing salsas, to the drinks (using ALL fresh ingredients-including the coconut cream). Every last bit of this meal was well worth the travel.

Luis A, General Manager at Gem Restaurant at Sapphire Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Hi Julie,
Thank you for finding the time to post a review. I am sure after coming back you have seen the difference. It is only getting better and I am so proud of our staff. I shall surely pass this along.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed at Sapphire Beach for five days back in March. The dinners were delicious! Service was excellent. One night we were too tired to go to the restaurant, so they made us dinner & delivered!

Everything was fresh, delicious & well prepared. We caught a barracuda one morning while fishing & they prepared two different dishes for us that day. Both were so awesome! We couldn't have asked for better service.

Not to mention that we stuffed ourselves silly each morning at breakfast! Totally recommend!!!!

Luis A, General Manager at Gem Restaurant at Sapphire Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Jenn
Thank you very much.
We cant wait to see you all again.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at Sapphire Beach Resort. We spent 10 wonderful days there! From breakfast, snacks at lunch, to fabulous dinners...every meal was fantastic. Our favorites included the breakfast burrito, homemade pizza, and fresh mixed vegetables. The chef's went out of their way to prepare an awesome fish feast from the fish my husband caught on his fishing trip. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate us during this special occasion. Our last night was made extra special by the staff, we had dinner on the beach under a recently constructed gazebo decorated with exotic flowers and palms. We look forward to our next visit!

Thank you for such a great response. We certainly follow this forum closely and we seem to be on a perfect streak. Thank you for keeping it that way.
Congratulations by the way. We are honored to have been chosen to be a part of this wondrous milestone. We wish you all the best.
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I just spent a week with our son and granddaughter at Sapphire Beach Resort. One of the highlights of our great family vacation was dining at El Zafiro. We all LOVED the food, from breakfasts to dinners. The huevos rancheros were my favorite breakfast while my son loved the Belizian breakfast, and Lizzie loved the French toast. I could not wait for them to leave on adventures so I could lay by the pool and enjoy the BEST ceviche and piña colada I have ever eaten. even our son thought it was the best he had ever eaten. My grand daughter and son also loved the pizza and the burgers. Finally, we all enjoyed the lovely dinners, especially the fantastic fish. Everything was made with fresh ingredients and I look forward to my return. Next time I'm bringing my husband so that he can enjoy this little secret spot!!! Cathy Malzahn

Hi Cathy,
We are so pleased that you had such a great time. Time flew so fast but we hope to host you and your family very soon.
Please spread the word!
Thank you for posting a review!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The hamburger I had at this place was the best I ever had and I do eat a lot of hamburgers. One day I I had pizza deliver to my room and it was the best on the Island.

Thank you very much for taking the time out Dan. I am proud to say we have been gaining ground as our chefs have perfected all the menu items. Next time try our Pesto Oizza maybe with some conch?
Hope to see you soon.