“best dive ever” 4 of 5 bubbles

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“best dive ever”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

the nurse sharks and manta rays were awesome and I recommend the blue hole, it is breathtaking. I got to touch a nurse shark and swim with groupers and rays and sharks and beautiful colored fish.

Chicago, Illinois
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Wonderful Diving Experience for all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

My family of 3 all received PADI certification during our vacation at San Pedro, Belize. Enes and Everet are excellent instructors. Our 14 year old daughter looks forward to our next diving trip and cannot stop talking about the eels, turtles, sharks, corals, rays, sponges, and of course the school of fishes. The fees are reasonable and the staffs are accommodating to our schedules. We can't wait to return to the island.

Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Excellent Diving!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I spent a week recently in San Pedro diving with Belize Diving Adventures. Elias was fabulous! He was very attentive, knowledgeable, had our safety in mind, and a fun person to dive with. Make sure you ask to dive at the "Esmeralda" site to dive with the Nurse sharks and the Morey eels! We were fortunate enough to see 4 turtles there as well. Fresh fruit and herb scented warm washclothes were provided between dives. This is "valet" diving at it's best! Thanks Elias and Belize Diving Adventures!

1 Thank carlymaryland
Cheltenham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Playing along with the sharks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I hoped to see some big fish during my 2 dives and the odd shark, but never expected to be able to hold one! (I've attached a picture). The first dive (Victoria Canyon) was a pleasant dive with some really big groupers and a couple of nurse sharks + some OK coral but the second dive (Mayan Princess) involved 3 (nurse) sharks wanting to play. One just relaxed as I held it quite tightly but, as soon as I started to relax my hold, I could feel its muscles tense as it started to swim away.

Our guide (Elias) heard a dolphin and we swam towards it, but we saw it in the distance, regrettably swimming in the opposite direction.

I had kitted up at the dive shop the afternoon before with their decent gear (I'm used to metric and they had dual calibrated dials) so they picked me up from my hotel jetty at 9.00 and dropped me straight back again, after my 2 dives and surface interval, at around 13.00 - how convenient! Brian, the boat driver, was so helpful that he pulled the boat in to rush back to the dive shop to get a pen so we could all give our e mail addresses to the guest diver who had taken the photos with the underwater camera she had hired from them.

They prepared everything ready for the dive and were only too pleased for me to run through an equipment check. The dive was safe and nothing was too much trouble for the dive shop or the dive master & crew, but you may wish to insist that you take off your weight belt before your BCD & climbing the steps - perhaps with a promise that you won't drop any of their weights.

There are so many dive shops on the island, but I did not regret my choice.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank GandTs
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best dive guides in Belize”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Belize Diving Adventures is the best of the best. My husband and I spent 10 days in San Pedro in August and I got PADI certified while we were there (my husband was already certified). Everette was so great. He was able to keep my husband entertained on dives while I was performing my certification skills. One I was certified, he took us all over the place on the most incredible dives. He knows all the best places to go and customized all 9 of our dives to meet our experience level and interests. He can spot wildlife like you wouldn't believe. When we said we wanted to see sharks he knew exactly where to go to find some nurse sharks for us to play with! Everyone that works there is fantastic too. Do not look any further. Dive with Belize Diving Adventures and you will not be disappointed.

Visited August 2012