“A truly relaxing experience.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sol Spa

Sol Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Sol Spa is a relaxing, artful space inspired by the sun, on Ambergris Caye, Belize. We are located in the center of town, just steps from the Caribbean Sea at the beautiful, Phoenix Resort. We are a full service day spa. Sol Spa caters to wedding parties and groups of all kinds. We specialize in every treatment we offer. Our massage therapists and estheticians are U.S. certified. Everyone is welcome!
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A truly relaxing experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

A trip to San Pedro isn't complete without visiting Sol Spa, I have been a couple of times and make this one of my top priority spots.

Great services, really inventive facials, amazing massages, and overall genuine kindness and care from Carrie, Char, Angie, and everyone else, make this place worth going back to.

1 Thank tuboflove

Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A doubter becomes a convert!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

I visit Belize quite often and I've always loved the spa treatments I've received from Sol Spa, massages, sugar scrubs etc. but I don't normally veer from the "regular" treatments. Friends, however, raved about the ear candling, which supposedly helped them with their sinus infections, allergies, etc. But I was always a doubter and didn't really believe it worked. This past August , Carrie did the ear candling for me when I was in Belize and I have to say, I'm a convert. I couldn't believe what came out of my ear, but more importantly, I couldn't believe how much lighter my head felt and how much clearer my breathing was. I'm definitely making this a regular treatment!

2 Thank WorldTravelerFromDC
utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Sol spa completes your vacay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

I have been to Belize numerous times and each time I have made a trip to see Carrie and Char at Sol Spa. In fact, I am so spoiled by them that I have a hard time getting massages anywhere else, as does my husband! Sol spa is located in the beautiful Phoenix resort and in the center of town. The spa is amazing and equals the experience that we have always received at the spa. Furthermore, one would expect to pay high prices to go along with the five star atmosphere, but the prices are great. I have been to the other spas on the island and sol spa is one that actually takes the time to get to know you as a customer! The therapists actually are trained in the states and this is a career for them, not just a job. LOVE THE SOL SPA, can you tell?

1 Thank serendipityscarlet
Fort Lauderdale
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

I was very disappointed in the massage at Sol Spa. The spa is attractive, but in a really ugly part of town. I could have received a better massage from my boyfriend. The masseuse didn't seem like she knew what she was doing.

1 Thank NatalieSayonarra
eatpraylove, owner at Sol Spa, responded to this review, August 25, 2009
We appreciate all the feedback we get on Tripadvisor and all of the other wonderful travel sites. We do wish we would have known at the time that someone wasn't satisfied with our services so we could've compensated them somehow if their massage wasn't exactly what they were hoping to receive. We are also surprised the guest was not happy with our therapist, as we pride ourselves in employing only U.S. or Canadian certified therapists who have been extensively trained, and have many hours of experience.

Our prices are competitive and similar to the other spas on the island. We are located in a brand new, modern, luxury complex at The Phoenix Resort, which is a gorgeous property currently rated #1 on Tripadvisor for its category, (where there are additional Sol Spa reviews). The Phoenix and Sol Spa are conveniently located in the heart of San Pedro, the main shopping, dining and tourist area where people frequent all the time.

We know there are many spa choices on the island, something which was not the case when we first opened our doors nearly eight years ago. These changes have allowed us to evolve and better ourselves and our facility. So we are very happy to be a part of The Phoenix, in our new space, and will continue to employ therapists who love their work and possess integrity who are experienced by the highest standards.

Again, we thank all our reviewers for their feedback, and look forward to providing excellent service to each and every client who walks through our doors.
Texas
“For the best massage, come here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2008

Last week, 3 massage therapists came and gave the 11 of massages. We are a picky crowd, but Carrie, Char and Jen went out of their way to come to our villa. Not one person was anything but impressed. We all 11, said that our massage was one of the best we have ever had.
They are very professional, and just great at pampering!