“Thank you Babar, Johnny and Juan”

Amigos Del Mar Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1987, Amigos Del Mar is a SSI and SDI resort facility which specializes in full-service diving, instruction, snorkeling, and fishing expeditions and is ideally situated in the heart of San Pedro Town. Our boats provide a convenient complimentary pick-up service at most of the island's major hotel docking establishments. We provide local diving expeditions on a daily basis starting with two dives at 9 am and two afternoon dives commencing at 1 pm. Night dives are also available upon request. In addition to the local diving excursions, trips to Belize's renowned offshore atolls including Turneffe, "The Elbow", Turneffe North, and The Great Blue Hole situated at Lighthouse Reef are also available. All offshore packages are full day excursions which consist of three dives and include continental breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Went to Amigos del mar because it was recommended by Mariposa tours and was not disappointed. First went snorkeling with Babar, fantastic guide, friendly and reassuring, especially to my 65 year old mom who was pretty nervous about snorkeling with the sharks and sting rays. On the same day I took a refresher course and did a great dive with my instructor Johnny, great experience, felt really comfortable and really enjoyed Johnny's company in and out of the water. The next day I did a second dive with Juan Mata who took really good care of me. He knew that i was out of practice and he watched over me the whole time. All I can say about amigos is how professional and friendly the service was. I will be back for sure!

1  Thank ScubaSuzy
There are newer reviews for Amigos Del Mar Dive Shop

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Our experience could not have been better. From a short refresher with a dive after to a three-tank dive at Turnefe, the staff, the boat captains, and the dive masters were friendly and helpful. We were anxious after 3 years of not diving. We were watched closely, given good advice and generally helped until we were comfo

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We wanted to go to the Blue Hole but had never been diving at that point. We came across the centrally located shop and felt lucky to find a company that would take snorkelers that far. The distance made the trip expensive but well worth it. We loved all three sites - Blue Hole, Half Moon Caye, the Aquarium.

They picked us up from our hotel via boat in the morning. The 2 - 2.5hr boat ride out to Lighthouse Reef can be very choppy though unavoidable for reasonable snorkel/dive time. The staff was friendly, professional, and organized in getting the divers out in groups. Few snorkelers travel that far so we had our own private guide, Juan, who was amazing. He taught us about the different marine life, always searching for the rare animals for us. Juan also gave us a bottle of rice and beans from lunch. Though I have qualms about feeding wildlife, we were so far from humanity I figured these fish will never be fed again. I caved and it was so incredibly fun to be swarmed! We were definitely satisfied with the service and had a fun and safe day! Juan even sent us pictures we asked for when we got back from Belize - extra hospitality in our book!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This dive company is professional, safety-oriented and very well organized. They specialize in off shore diving, and we did the Blue Hole dive with them...I must do (make sure you are okay going 135 feet down). This company has the newest, largest off shore boat, which was awesome. The dive masters were very helpful and friendly. The Blue Hole dive also includes a lunch stop on a neat preserve, and two other great dives.Highly recommended company!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Centrally located, it is one of the oldest dive shops in the area. For both professional and beginner divers, they have all the gear. The weather was quite rough our first day, with 10ft waves beyond the reef and poor visibility but Juan, our dive master was extremely professional and kept a close eye on all the divers. We finished diving the second day and my partner says it was the best dive he's ever done. We also used this company to snorkel Hol Chan. Babar, was amazing. He took his time to show our group of 5 every spectacular animal and reef formation. You can tell these people love their jobs and enjoy working for this company. It was also the best priced shop in the area, as we compared with 2 others who wanted to charge $20 extra for equipment rental.

1  Thank Leigh S