“Excellent, great dive company, book direct”

Amigos Del Mar Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1987, Amigos Del Mar is a SSI and SDI resort facility which specializes in full-service diving, instruction, snorkeling, and fishing expeditions and is ideally situated in the heart of San Pedro Town. Our boats provide a convenient complimentary pick-up service at most of the island's major hotel docking establishments. We provide local diving expeditions on a daily basis starting with two dives at 9 am and two afternoon dives commencing at 1 pm. Night dives are also available upon request. In addition to the local diving excursions, trips to Belize's renowned offshore atolls including Turneffe, "The Elbow", Turneffe North, and The Great Blue Hole situated at Lighthouse Reef are also available. All offshore packages are full day excursions which consist of three dives and include continental breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks.
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We went with Amigos on the blue hole trip. Three dive masters with us, Edgar, Mike and Giovanni - all were superb.
The 55ft boat is perfect for the conditions, the gear was good and perfectly set up by the guys for each of the three dives.
We felt completely safe with them, they looked after every single person on board.
One diver who had a problem in the Blue Hole was immediately looked after.
The food was superb, from morning coffee, oj, fruit and a great lunch, probably the best home cooked food we'd had in San Pedro.
Overall superb, highly recommended, great guys, book with them direct, they'll come and pick you up.

1  Thank theboomtownrat

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We dove our first day with another company (who I won't mention). Their boat was mediocre and the equipment older. They wouldn't confirm if they were going the following days...due to low sign up numbers. So we went over to Amigos Del Mar. What a WONDERFUL change. Boats for local and Blue Hole dive trips were wonderful, new, clean, well equipped. The equipment they loaned us was new and working....and priced really well. The staff and dive masters were as nice and helpful as could be imagined. AND, I found them to be very safety conscious. I'd recommend them to anybody!

1  Thank Amy0328
Reviewed August 25, 2011

So my wife and I decide to get the "resort certification" at this place because they promised that the resort certification dive would be at Hol Chan. Not only does the dive master provide minimal instruction to make sure my wife is comfortable with the gear, they drag us out to some sandy bottom nowhere along with a guy getting his full certificatiion to avoid having to take us to Hol Chan seperately. Basically they scammed us for $160 each.

Luckily I complained loudly enough that the owner caved after about 15 minutes and refunded our money. Otherwise, I would have spent $320 to swim around the docks, a sandy bottom nowhere and a 10 minute boat ride. I'm sure others have had good experiences with these guys...but just be aware that my experience was completely different. I definitely would NOT recommend this outfit.

4  Thank aketada
Reviewed August 10, 2011

My friends and I went on the all day 3 tank Blue Hole trip with these guys and had a great time. They were super professional, friendly, fun and most importantly safe. It was a great boat, nice and big and comfortable and that was important because of the 2.5 hour ride out to the first dive site. I am a new diver and they made me feel totally comfortable and secure with my guide watching me and the rest of my group constantly. Lunch was good and they drinks on the way back were a great touch! An overall great experience and I will definitley be back to tour with them again. Bring plenty of sun protection, hat, towels, cover up, sunscreen and drink lots of water!

Reviewed July 29, 2011

we did snorkeling not diving with them and we were extremely happy. they took us to 3 different places for snorkeling. there is a guide with the group while in the water and shows you any interesting fish or coral that they know of. Everything about was very much organized. they even have fresh water that you can rinse after being in the salty water, so you don't have to hang around with the salty sea water all over your body.

1  Thank afsanehs