“Heaven on Earth”
Review of Asian Garden Day Spa - CLOSED

Asian Garden Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide Professional Massage Therapy treatments, body scrubs, body wraps, Reflexology and Manicure and Pedicure. Our therapists have a minimum of seven years experience and are mature, intuitive individuals.
Caribbean
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed June 1, 2006

My husband and I escaped to Ambergris Caye for our 25th wedding anniversary. While driving from the airstrip to Victoria House we passed Asian Garden Day Spa. We briefly peeked into their garden courtyard and were so initially impressed that we knew we needed to scout it out. Later that day I met one of the owners, Brian, who is also one of the massage therapists. He showed us their beautifully appointed (and scrupulously clean) treatment rooms. However, once he mentoned they offer a couples massage in the courtyard in the evening, I was sold. They have two; one in the early evening and another a little later which offered a view of the night sky and stars. We opted for the latter.

Upon our arrival, the courtyard was illuminated by tikki torches which was stunning against the flowering plants and palms. The night breeze was just perfect. Background music was complemented by the natural, outdoor sounds of birds. It was so incredibly romantic.

Brian and his daughter, Kristin, are certified massage therapists. My husband wanted a deep tissue massage and said that Brian gave one of the best he had ever had. Kristin is very insightful and melted my knots and tension by applying smooth strokes mixed with pressure along energy lines. I learned later that Kristin and Brian learned traditional massage in London, and then studied in Thailand where they learned Thai massage. Kristin is also certified aesthetician and they offer a nice mix of facials and body scrubs.

Asian Garden is a family business, and they welcome you and treat you as family. They also provided us insight on their favorite restaurants (El Fogon and Casa Picasso)! Our visit to Asian Garden Day Spa was one of the most incredible experiences of our trip. Surprisingly, the spa is a new addition to the island but would certainly be a highlight of any visit to Ambergris Caye.

27 Thank BeachWanderlust