All reviews water taxi ambergris caye golf cart screened in porch fish dive shop truck stop secret beach full kitchen rum punch every morning free bikes the property manager in town piece of paradise front office the entire staff
Selected filters
Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

I spent over 2 weeks at White Sands Cove Resort. I stayed in Unit D1 (great location and nice inside with full kitchen) which is near the pool/bar/restaurant area. The staff is very welcoming ... the office, grounds, bar, housekeeping, cook and management. After being there a few days, as I was traveling solo, I felt like I was part of a family. The outdoor bar/restaurant is the social gathering place to hear about the adventures of other guests or owners staying there.

After walking along the shoreline in both directions, you come to realize that WSC is a gem compared to the other many hotels or resorts. The grounds are very nicely maintained, the pool is situated back a bit from the shore, and healthy palm trees, along with gazebo area with hammocks provide shade if you need a break from the Caribbean sun.

A definite positive experience and place to stay for a bit. Terri at the front office can also help you book and plan your many adventures while on the island or even going inland to see Mayan ruins or jungle adventure.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Sarah D
Reviewed March 28, 2017

This hidden gem was the best choice we made in regards to our trip to Belize.

All the staff were so accommodating and friendly. We were upgraded from one of the garden view rooms due to some maintenance they were performing. The first 2 nights we stayed in a 2 bedroom ocean view unit which included a large living room and 2 bathrooms. The last 2 nights we were moved to a 1 bedroom unit which also had a gorgeous ocean view.

The property has a bar / eating area, a pool, hammocks and lounge chairs, a dock with a kayak, and a small beach front area. Even at max capacity, the property never felt crowded in the least bit.

We loved being able to take the bikes around town, but golf carts were available to rent as well. The location was ideal; there were plenty of restaurant options nearby that were walking or biking distance. The town was about a 15 min bike ride away. There are plenty of larger resorts further north of town, but we chose this one due to proximity to town/restaurants and we were not disappointed in the least bit.

Thank you Terry for a truly wonderful time!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2017

This resort is a notch above the rest. Every unit has it's own kitchen, living area and bedroom. You are steps away from the immaculate beach and pool area where the bar/restaurant is located. I can't say enough about the staff. You are greeted personally when you arrive and from then on, everyone goes out of their way to make sure you are happy & content. Kayaks and bikes are complimentary as well as great coffee every morning. Golf carts are available to rent and the water taxi will also stop at the dock and take you into town. The front office ladies, Terri and Ciani are available 12hrs a day to take care of any arrangements...from dinner reservations, excursions, taxis, to extra towels. They are incredibly friendly and accomodating. It is truly a place in paradise.

Room tip: Each unit has an upstairs and a downstairs unit. If stairs are a problem, I would suggest requesting a ground floor unit.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank sonan
Reviewed March 26, 2017

My girlfriends and I (three of us) stayed in a beautiful 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with an ocean view for our annual reunion. The accommodation was immaculate and extremely comfortable with air conditioning in both bedrooms. We had easy access to the pool, shaded or full-sun beach hammocks and Adirondack chairs, kayaks and the lovely poolside lounge/bar/restaurant. Complimentary coffee greeted us every morning at the lounge.

I don't think I can say enough about the friendly, helpful and always available staff. Each and every person truly made us feel more like a member of their family and part of a community than tourists on vacation. They were wonderful and helped us make the most of our short stay.

Normally, I wouldn't have the desire to re-visit a vacation spot, but in this case, I would go back in a heartbeat. This was a wonderful experience and I highly recommend White Sands Cove to anyone considering a trip to Belize.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank nejkennedy
Reviewed March 25, 2017

White Sands Cove is not your typical commercial resort with 8 story high buildings of hotel rooms. It is a personal feel with personal units that guests stay in. My family with kids ranging 4 years old to 24 years old felt this was the perfect family get away. The pool was right next to the bar/outdoor seating for the restaurant so the younger kids could swim for hours. Lots of drinks, good food, card games and laughs were shared at the bar. 100 yards away from the pool is the ocean with provided kayaks to take out to the coral reef to snorkel. We went into town for the night scene which was a blast. Many different restaurants to choose from as well. The resort's staff was probably what made the stay over the top perfect. From the moment you arrive you are surrounded by positive, high spirited, fun people that make you feel so comfortable. And the resort's two dogs were so fun to have around. This was the perfect trip and we will come back again.

Room tip: all rooms are beautiful
  • Trip type: Traveled with family