Our stay at White Sands Cove was perfect! It started off a little rocky as our resort-arranged taxi was late picking us up from the water taxi and we were a little lost for a bit. However, he did finally show up and took us to a market first so we could purchase some groceries. We arrived at WSC and were greeted by Marlon (Manager? Owner?) who checked us in and escorted us to the bar for a welcome drink. Afterwards he showed us to our room where someone had already unpacked and put away our groceries. However, the room was not what we wanted and he moved us to a larger apartment with a full kitchen for the same price, even helped us move all of our belongings. We ended up staying downstairs from the Hummingbird Loft. The apartment was clean and beautiful! It was so comfortable with a full kitchen and screened in porch. We cooked breakfasts and lunches in our apt to defray costs. The staff at WSC was awesome and friendly meeting every need we had. The bartender makes all her own blended drink recipes and is friendly and sweet. We enjoyed the resort mascots, Chico and Chica, to the point where they slept on our porch waiting for us to come out. One of the best parts of WSC is convenience. A taxi ride from San Pedro is expensive IMO (20 BZE) however, we had good luck hitching a ride from the boys at the dive shop when they went into town. There is also a less expensive coastal taxi option. Be sure to get the times down though and call ahead as they don't stop at each resort.
There are a plethora of restaurants within walking distance...some of them I even walked to with no shoes!---Island life! Definitely hit up the tacky, touristy Palapa Bar just down the beach from WSC. The other benefit of WSC is having a dive shop on the premises. We are not experienced divers, but my husband was able to get resort certified in one day with a private guide for a fraction of what it would cost anywhere else in the world. I am a tentative snorkeler and it took me the better part of an hour to get comfortable in the water. However, with the help and extreme patience of my guide, Bernie, I was swimming with sharks by the end of the day! The guys in the dive shop are helpful, friendly, knowledgeable, and patient. I cannot emphasize how great it was to have such patient and willing individuals with us. It really made our trip!
Kayaks and bikes are complimentary at WSC and you absolutely cannot miss the opportunity to kayak out to the reef to snorkel. It's a short 20 minute paddle and Marlon made it easy for us to do even walking us out to the dock and helping us set up our kayak.
Sorry for the lengthy write-up, but if ever on Ambergris Caye again, WSC will be my destination. I hope other travelers will find it as enjoyable as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away among tropical fauna and turquoise waters, White Sands Cove Resort sits 2.5 miles north of San Pedro, on the Island of Ambergris Caye. Just off the coast of Belize, our cozy boutique resort is tastefully defined by its unique balance of tranquility and adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your White Sands Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Sands Cove Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel White Sands Cove
- White Sands Cove Resort Belize/San Pedro