The resort itself was quite lovely. We had a unit right on the beach and really enjoyed sitting on the deck. If the deck was a little bit larger then it would have been even better. The unit was spacious and clean and had everything we needed. The grounds were immaculate and two dogs, Chico and Chica, were the highlight of the trip.
We knew there wasn't a beach so that wasn't a big deal. We also knew it was a ways from town and that didn't bother us. We took the bikes into town, walked into town and really enjoyed the location and the bikes.
Happy Hour Tours located at the resort took us snorkeling a couple of times. He was fantastic! The snorkeling at Hol Chan and Shark Alley were well worth the trip.
The customer service was strange. New managers were there and they didn't seem too confident or knowledgeable. It also appeared there was friction between them and Doris the bartender. Doris was friendly once you got to know her but I can see how she may not appear friendly at first.
There were crazy condo owners staying while we were there and for about 5 days in a row there was major drama. A couple was fighting, screaming, slamming doors, swearing and acting completely inappropriately. The parents of the male half of the couple were there and the son of the couple(probably 3 years old). They were locking each other out of the room, keeping the boy from his mom and threatening each other. I felt like we should call the police numerous times, child protection services at other times and really considered leaving. The managers had no clue what to do so they did nothing.
Had it not been for the crazy condo owners and inexperienced managers it would have been a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away among tropical fauna and turquoise waters, White Sands Cove Resort sits 2.5 miles north of San Pedro, on the Island of Ambergris Caye. Just off the coast of Belize, our cozy boutique resort is tastefully defined by its unique balance of tranquility and adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your White Sands Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Sands Cove Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel White Sands Cove
- White Sands Cove Resort Belize/San Pedro