We stayed here at the end of October. The resort was near empty. The grounds are kept up nicely and the property is beautiful. The staff was always helpful and friendly and by the end of our stay it was like having to leave friends. A couple of notes, 1 - PIZZA Wednesdays (kitchen is closed Wednesday night) and 2 - Say "hi" to Chico and Chica (just go and find out).
Overall, our stay was great. We stayed in the hummingbird loft suite which was nice. My only complaint would be the kitchen was a bit slow at turning out meals during dinner and the food selection was small although the food was excellent. There are plenty of other resorts within walking distance which gives you a lot of options for food and entertainment.
I would certainly recommend this resort to anyone staying on the Island. A side bonus is Scuba School Belize has an office out of this resort making it a great place to go diving from.
Tips for staying here:
1 - Food at resorts (any) is expensive for dinner
2 - Travel into town is best by water taxi ($5 pp each way)
3 - Bring bug spray, seriously.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away among tropical fauna and turquoise waters, White Sands Cove Resort sits 2.5 miles north of San Pedro, on the Island of Ambergris Caye. Just off the coast of Belize, our cozy boutique resort is tastefully defined by its unique balance of tranquility and adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your White Sands Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Sands Cove Hotel San Pedro
- Hotel White Sands Cove
- White Sands Cove Resort Belize/San Pedro