White Sands Cove Resort
SunBreeze Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$220
Caribbean Villas Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$166
$126
Banyan Bay Suites(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$148
$170
$280
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
SunBreeze Hotel(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$192
  • Pool
$349
  • Pool
El Secreto(San Pedro)
$420
$329
$299
Banana Beach Resort(San Pedro)(Great Value!)
$104
$99
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshummingbird suitewater taxiambergris cayegolf cartscreened in porchfishdive shopperfect balancestuffed groupertruck stopfree bikesbaby oilevery morningfull kitchenrum punchin townfront office
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Staying at White Sands Cove was a wonderful experience. My husband & I got married on the beach a couple of weeks ago & found it was the perfect fit for us. It's a small property that seems to attract a really great group of guests. The staff were always asking if everything was ok & very prompt to help out. We had a ton of luggage between the diving & things we brought for the wedding...they brought their wheel barrels up to the taxi & made a few trips to our room for us. Doris (the bartender) made me a bouquet of flowers for the big day, Marlon the property manager never seems to stop & always has a smile & a greeting, Luis, Estelle, the grounds staff, the cleaning staff, Yemin & JR at the dive shop...all so friendly & willing the help. The rooms are kept clean & have everything you need. We actually stayed in 2 rooms while we were there. First we stayed in one of the beachfront rooms...I could get up at 5 a.m. with my coffee & watch the sun rise over the water. There was a full kitchen & living area seperate from the bedrrom. Beds & pillows were comfy. We then moved to the Hummingbird Loft which was the Honeymooners room...we love love loved this room. The finishings were beautiful...the room feautured beautiful wood with vaulted ceilings...it had a small kitchenette in the main entry & then a small set of stairs to the lofted bedroom with a big walkin closet & a lovely bathroom area. It had a huge deck...in the morning it was partially shaded & we could listen to the birds in the trees with our morning coffee. The pool was kept clean & well maintained. You can either buy groceries or eat lunch or dinner at the poolside bar restaurant. Restaurants such as Aji, Ak'bul, Palapa, & Capricorn are within walking distance for a change of scenery. Bikes are at your disposal to ride to town...although I personally found it too hot for such excursions. The Coastal Express or Water Taxis are also available to get to town for a fee. Belize is a beautiful, friendly little country that we hope to revisit...I think one of the highlights of my trip were Chico & Chica the resident pooches at White Sands. They learn who the dog lovers are & cash in on all the attention you will give them...if you aren't a dog lover, they quickly learn that & move on to those who are. All in all a wonderful place to stay with some wonderful people.

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are wonderful for the view...even though they were located on the beach path, we never had an issue with noise. We personally loved the Hummingbird...although not on the ocean, the decor was just what we were looking for.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TERESA M
girlchisholm, General Manager at White Sands Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Glad to hear the wedding went well. Everyone loves to assist in the "big day"!

Reviewed May 18, 2012

This was by far my best stay ever in a resort! I have traveled around the globe several times and visited every continent on this planet, though this was by far my best experience ever! I am so happy to have spent 3 days at this resort in May 2012... it was simply fantastic!

Nice and professional staff, the most professional and genuine manager, Marlin, I have ever met at a hotel!!! Marlin made more effort than I would ever have imagined to make sure that our stay was the best one could ever expect! And the bartender was just super nice and willing to share all kinds of information that made our trip worth while! All the little things you need to know that just locals do!!!

And finally, I would like to highly recommend the diving crew running the diving shop and snorkeling excursions to Hol Chun marine reserve!!! You made my dream come true! I snorkeled with sharks!!!! Something wish I thought would not happen for as long as I live!

I have been afraid of sharks my whole life, but the very pedagogical and psychologically well equipped Junior, our guide, made me feel more safe and secure than ever before. It is quite extraordinary and simply astonishing that I continued to snorkel the whole reserve despite swimming with sharks!!!!!!!!!! Junior just talked to me out of my panic and fear, listened to me about all my concerns in such a concerned, genuinely understanding, and respectful way, convincing me that I was perfectly safe with him, being the expert on marine life at the site we snorkeled....

On last greeting goes to Riley, Chico and Chica, the amazingly kind, funny and loving dogs that take care of all the guest at this hotel. Riley escorted us to dinner at a restaurant on our first night and made sure that we got back safe, chico and chica just made us smile!

Room Tip: The period from May until end of November is low season!!! Best prices at this time!!!! We stayed at the beachfront which was just amazing!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Zhaleh Y

Thank you for the review! I'm sure Chico, Chica and Riley miss your company :)

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We can't be more amazed at how good our trip was. This place has just the right amount of staff that will try to get anything you need as far as scheduling adventures. Marlen the manager of the property has his hands full but does well if you let him know in advance what you want to do. We had free bikes to ride into town, had a free kayak and got out about a half mile from the dock to snorkel the backside of the barrier reef. We went for a whole day of reef fishing and caught a dozen fish with Yemen, a guide on the property that works for the dive shop. He and his brother took us snorkeling, fishing, and even cleaned and cooked the fish we caught on a deserted beach with some coconut husks. We snorkeled for a half day with Junior, Yemen's older brother at the "Mexican Rocks." There was also a trip to "Hol Chan" and we swam with nurse sharks and stingrays as well as all the little reef fish like blue tangs, angelfish of all kinds, and butterflyfish.
The great restaraunts to have breakfast at are the Yoga place just south on the beach path and the lady making tacos around the corner from Al-Fohgon just on the North west corner from the Airport in San Pedro. The cheapest and best places to eat are where the locals go to eat so ask a couple of them and they will tell you where to go. Waraguma on the main north to south drive to the lagoon side is another shop where the lady cooks outside the restraunt and the bartender is young but makes excellent rum drinks.
Aji tapas restaraunt (Also south on the beach) was great for dinner but be sure to spray down with some 40% deet mosquito spray after 5 o'clock. The Palapas Bar was cool and was right over the ocean so you have to walk down a dock to get to it. Legends burger joint was tasty and unique. Their bar area has old posters and memoribilia from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. If anyone has a license plate, bring it down and they will put it up on the wall.
Overall, this was the vacation of a lifetime for us and I couldn't feel any more admiration for the Belizian people and the natural beauty of Ambergis Caye.
People will try to sell you things and some of them are relentless so just tell them you have bought what ever they are selling already. Unless of course you want to get a cool wood carving or a tablecloth...

Room Tip: Get a room close to the office if you need wifi. Excellent range from the router if you are at the bar by the pool. There is no walk out beach, there is sea grasses that the young marine life use to mature in all over the coast. I am glad they are not dredging for clean beaches because the lobster and other marine life need this for their ecosystems
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kevin s
girlchisholm, General Manager at White Sands Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Happy to see you enjoyed the activities and food of Belize! Hope to see you again at White Sands Cove.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Staying at White Sands Cove was the perfect choice for our recent trip to Belize. The property is well kept and the rooms are charming and comfortable. We stayed in one of the ocean front condo's where we woke to a beautiful sunrise and ocean view every morning. The entire staff was friendly and helpful with our every need. Marlon, the property manager greeted us upon arrival and checked on us daily to make sure that we were enjoying our stay, and tended to any needs or requests we may of had. We highly recommend the on site dive shop for your diving, snorkeling and fishing trips. Yemen and his brother Junior personalize every boat trip, including cooking and serving our catch of the day. After a day of excursion's, sitting at the poolside bar and enjoying their signature rum punch is a must!
We can hardly wait to return to WSC for our next island getaway.

Suzan & Bill Diaz
Las Vegas, NV

Room Tip: The closer you are to the shore, the fewer mosquito's you will have to battle.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
girlchisholm, General Manager at White Sands Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

We appreciate your kind words. Thank you! :)

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Loved our stay with White Sands! Our room was great and just feet from the water! Marlon always had a smile on his face and quick to respond to any request. We found all other families very friendly and always felt at home! The local "Burrito" guy sold some great burritos and tamales each morning. Running each day on the beach was beautiful and felt safe all the time. I would surely stay again at the resort!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
girlchisholm, General Manager at White Sands Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Nice to know you felt at home at the resort. Please come and visit us again soon!