Stayed at Pelican Reef Villas the first week of March.
From start to finish absolutely loved Pelican Reef Villas and Belize.
Lori was quick to reply to my emails and answer all my questions. She booked in our Room/Tropic Airs Flights/Transfer.
Tropic Air. 15 minutes in a small plane but the view was fantastic and the flight smooth.
Van was ready at airport when we arrived.
Exactly like the pictures. Highly recc. room 8 beachfront 2 bedroom villa. Beautiful view and you literally step out of your room onto the beach.
When we were there it was a very quiet week...us(5 people in mid-thirties) and 1 other couple(very nice couple from Kingston) most of the week. Basically had the resort to ourselves.
Definately get one..was so fun. 250 $ for the week. Well worth it with 5 people. Went into town every night for dinner/sometimes for lunch and used for groceries. The golf carts are right at the resort...so easy.
Just like the pictures. Stunning.
Snorkeling off the pier saw stingrays, barracudas, lobster, hermit crab, angelfish and others.
Pool was refreshing and just the right size for a swim.
Chairs extremely comfy and didn't need to get up at 6 am to reserve them!!!
"E" booked everything for us on day 1. So easy.
They have a book with all the excursions.
1)Went scuba with Amigos del Mar twice. The divemaster was very helpful as I hadn't been diving in awhile and he helped with my initial descent. While on the sandy bottom we had 3 nurse sharks and 1 eel circling us.
2)Cave Tubing and Zipling. Was a bit expensive and travel time a bit long(boat + bus) added up to about 2 hours travel each way. Fun to zipline if it's your first time but if you have been on one of large ones as I had in Costa Rica it will seem a bit lame. Cave tubing : cool to see but involves a lot of paddling on your own as really to flow this time of year.
3)Day with Oliver (Cari'bean): Snorkeling x 2 spots + Fishing + Beach BBQ + Caye Caulker. The 5 of us had our own private trip and it was great. Oliver took us to a cool place called Coral Gardens..less crowded than the more popular spots. We ate the fish + conch we caught. Had an hour to walk through Caye Caulker and shop. Great rum punch!!! Highly recc.
4)Snorkeling Hol Chan + Shark Ray Alley. Crowded with boats but it is a must do as you get to touch nurse sharks/sting rays and see turtles and eels.
"E" booked all of our dinners for us on day 1. So easy.
They have a book with all the menus.
Red Ginger: 1/2 price wine Mondays(Great seafood and Pasta)
Blue Water Grill: Sushi Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Victoria House: Expensive but good for seafood and steak(cooked to perfection if you need a break from seafood).
Blue Iguana: Pan seared Ahi Tuna + Shrimp appetizers.
Not as impressed with Caliente. Go for the Chicken drop but skip the food.
Mr. Joes is just down the street to buy essentials(breakfast and beer).
My only regret is we couldn't stay longer. This was the most stress free vacation in a long time.
Thanks to "E" who was there from 7 am to 7 pm everyday and was always ready to make us a mudslide/ just chat or help us plan our excursions and nights out.
Also thanks to India(resort dog) who adopted us for the week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Experience Luxury! Swaying Palms, sandy beaches, and warm ocean breezes welcome you to Pelican Reef Villas. Experience unparalleled luxury, and service that is raising the standards, in one of our 2 or 3 bedroom villas. Pelican Reef Villas blends deluxe amenities and breath-taking views with a discreet location 2.5 Miles south of San Pedro to give your trip seclusion with real panache! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Pelican Reef Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Reef Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Pelican Reef Hotel
- Pelican Reef Resort
- Pelican Reef Villas Resort Belize/San Pedro