My girlfriends and I stayed at Pelican Reef for our annual girls getaway, and we loved it! Upon arrival, there was a welcome sign with our names on it, and we received a welcome drink, which was brewed up nice and strong by the able bartender Ruth. Once we introduced ourselves to the staff, we were addressed by our names every day. We stayed in a 3 bedroom, two story villa with an oceanfront view (we were on the 2 and 3rd level). The room was very well equipped with a full kitchen, comfortable furniture, cable (we normally don't watch TV on our trips, but we tuned in for some of the Olympics), wireless internet, 3 full bathrooms, and a jacuzzi tub on the top floor. The hotel grounds are also comfortable, with a nice big beach and plenty of lounge chairs for everyone there (go to the beach early to claim the area with the two hammocks!). the swim up bar is pretty much always open. A hearty breakfast was included every morning, including fresh juice and coffee. The staff was happy to take special requests for our meals. We had one day where we waited an hour for breakfast, but the hotel manager was very apologetic when we told him, and he explained that they had been short a cook that morning. Besides, we were overlooking the infinity pool and the beach, so we weren't terribly upset. We also rented a golf cart from the hotel, which is the main mode of transport on the island.
The hotel staff takes care of booking any activity you might possibly want to do- for us, that included a half day snorkel trip, which was wonderful! Beautiful reefs with lots of fish, rays and sharks, and a snack of conch ceviche served by our fantastic guide, Bradley (request him by name!). The hotel staff also made a dinner reservation at one of the resorts in the north part of the island for us, and changed it when we postponed for a night. 4 of us also booked massages, and they were delightful (ask for Tiffany and Sherlette!). All of us did massages in different places- the end of the pier, the beach next to the hammocks, and the balcony of our villa. All were amazing.
Kayaks and stand up paddle boards are free to use, and both were a ton of fun. Lunch is available at the hotel, and the staff were happy to give dinner recommendations.
On our last day, the owner stopped by to ask how our stay was, and he listened very attentively to our feedback, both positive and "constructive" (nothing bad, just a few recommendations). we felt very valued as guests, and all of us would recommend this place for people who don't like the feeling of being herded like cattle as you do sometimes at a large resort. Enjoy!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Experience Luxury! Swaying Palms, sandy beaches, and warm ocean breezes welcome you to Pelican Reef Villas. Experience unparalleled luxury, and service that is raising the standards, in one of our 2 or 3 bedroom villas. Pelican Reef Villas blends deluxe amenities and breath-taking views with a discreet location 2.6 Mls South of San Pedro to give your trip seclusion with real panache! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Pelican Reef Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Reef Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Pelican Reef Hotel
- Pelican Reef Resort
- Pelican Reef Villas Resort Belize/San Pedro