The resort was beautiful; the rooms were very clean and tastefully decorated. It was a very serene place with a beautiful view. However...this is not the place to stay if you crave convenience. There is no restaurant/food of any kind and only a tiny four person bar. It is very last place to stay at the end of the island, so those who stay there should be prepared to spend plenty of cash on taxis and golf cart rentals. The golf carts were cute for a bit, but then the bumpy, dusty (not to mention very creepy at night) journey gets quite cumbersome. All of which you must endure to get as much as a sandwich. Finally, the rooms were not stocked with any essentials (soap, shampoo, coffee, coffee filters, etc.)
Again, the place is beautiful and ideal for a couple that wants complete isolation and peace and quiet.
Other than the lack of convenience, I rated this experience lower than usual because of the service. The resort is apparently owned by a family who were not only not friendly, but virtually non-existent throughout our stay. We relied on the other guests or owners to find out what to do and where to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Experience Luxury! Swaying Palms, sandy beaches, and warm ocean breezes welcome you to Pelican Reef Villas. Experience unparalleled luxury, and service that is raising the standards, in one of our 2 or 3 bedroom villas. Pelican Reef Villas blends deluxe amenities and breath-taking views with a discreet location 2.5 Miles south of San Pedro to give your trip seclusion with real panache! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Pelican Reef Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Reef Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Pelican Reef Hotel
- Pelican Reef Resort
- Pelican Reef Villas Resort Belize/San Pedro