Pelican Reef Villas Resort
Ranked #4 of 54 Hotels in San Pedro
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I just stayed at Pelican reef from Nov 5th to 16th. It was beyond amazing. The staff there knew us by name and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. The people who work there care so much about every guest and it shows. They always are smiling and laughing and willing to help you. The resort is small and private, which was perfect for our honeymoon. We could not have asked for anything better. The villas are beautiful. Even when the weather isn't the best the staff still smiles. The food is great and the drinks are wonderful. Ruth, Ruth and Carol will help you with anything you need. They are such wonderful people. The owners are so helpful and caring as well. I simply cannot explain in words how much these people meant to us. We would go back again and again just to stay here. Thank you for everything. We love you!
Trevor and Vanessa :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VCowlen
Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Heaven on earth even during the thunderstorms. Personal attention from start to finish including Greg asking after my mother who'd been in the ER while we were trying to finalize my vacation back in May. My gratitude to Ruth #1, Carol, Ruth #2, Erma, Santos, Carlos and George, and everyone else who provided such seamless and thoughtful service. I wanted for nothing. Part of my trip I was alone and I never felt that way. I felt safe and that they were kindly keeping an eye on me to be sure I was never uncomfortable.
I am certain I am not alone when I left PRV pouting and dreaming of when I could return. Thank you to all my new friends and PRV! Til we meet again!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #7 which was perfection. I think maybe during the busy season it might be tricky...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kari S
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed here in May 2013! My boyfriend had not been out of the country in a very long time so this was a big deal for him. I would have been fine staying in a hostel of sorts but the one stipulation he gave was it had to be the best. I did extensive research on Belize and where the best was going to be, where to eat and what to see. I used Tripadvisor for finding this all out. We did not go wrong choosing this place, the staff is amazing, the grounds are amazing and it looks like the pics. There is also a man made reef area off their dock where you can go snorkel. This place offers free breakfast in the morning, dont skip out! Selection is nice and offers local fruit and fresh squeezed juices!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Personal attention and welcoming staff. Greg, Carol and both Ruths made us feel welcome and went out of their way to make our visit a great one. Smaller property, but has everything the larger resorts have.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our stay at the Pelican Reef was luxury living from start to finish! The rooms are beautiful and the views take you on a trip to paradise. Best of all is the staff that makes you feel like family and makes sure you are comfortable and relaxed. Ruth, Carol, Ruthie and the rest of the staff are wonderful... They made sure our island experience is one we will never forget!! This is truly a 5 Star experience! Terry Kennedy

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Ryliesmimi
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This resort is the best kept secret on the island! Greg, Ruth,& Carol are the BEST!!! They treat you like family and are very accommodating to whatever you need! All the workers take pride in their job by keeping the Resort spotless!!! Thank you for a GREAT vacation!!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Harleycart
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My 20 something son Alex and I want to report on our excellent 4-day scuba diving trip to Belize in October 2013. Our stay at Pelican Reef couldn't have been more pleasant. Carol and Ruth "1" and Ruth "2" and Greg were all excellent hosts, and the entire staff made everything easy, including perfect caparinhas, great breakfasts and lunches, and a helpful recommendation to connect with Ecologic Divers for our dives. Our accommodations were exceptional and the setting is exceptional. Many thanks to our hosts. Hope to get the rest of the family to visit sometime in the future. - Kimball McMullin

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the beach view villas which was great, but my suspicion is that all the villas a...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family