I spent a week at Pelican Reef Villas and to say it was hard to leave is a massive understatement.
When we arrived at Pelican Reef Villas we were greeted with the entire staff (seemingly) our bags were whisked away, we were given scented cold towels, and offered a rum punch. Not a bad way to start, but this was the level of service we received the entire stay. We quickly checked in, and were given the keys to the golf cart we requested prior to arriving.
First the island, if you have never been to Ambergris Caye/San Pedro, you need to go. The island is beautiful, the people are great, the food is delicious, and they have good rum (and lots of it).
Pelican Reef Villas is an amazing place; we stayed in unit #6 and had a magnificent view looking straight down the huge pier. The room was two stories, with the second story containing the master suite only. The lower floor had two bedrooms, and two baths. Everything was quality from the construction to the appliances to the furnishings. When we arrived we had fresh flowers throughout the entire place (and towel origami).
For our trip we wanted to get in some diving, and the staff was always on the spot about arranging trips, giving advice, and even had a deal for free gear rental with Ecologic Divers (great dive charter). We got to do 4 tanks worth of the best diving imaginable. For one of the dives we had to be at the dock at 5:15AM, and the staff prepared continental breakfasts for us, delivered them to our room the night before, and started the community coffee service at 4AM for us.
The dining area and poolside bar are amazing! Eating breakfast and lunch in the shade by the pool is a great time. The food was wonderful; the included breakfast is chosen from a full menu (I recommend the Belize eggs). For lunch you have a wide selection of US and BZ food styles, the ceviche was very amazing.
I mentioned the bar, well, it is a spectacular bar. It is kind of a cave with a window overlooking the infinity edged pool that melts into the Caribbean sea. The staff and the Traveller’s 5 Barrel Rum made me a frequent resident. The breeze off the water served to keep the temperature down, and keep the bugs at bay. Ruth and Cali took great care of everyone.
The staff was wonderful, I feel like I now have more friends. Cali (Carlos), Ruth, Terri and everyone that I forgot made our trip very special. The owners were also constantly around making sure everything was going well, and we were having a good time.
All in all, this place is perfect, or at least close enough to perfect. I will definitely be back.
It is hard to do this place justice in writing, so please look at my pictures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Experience Luxury! Swaying Palms, sandy beaches, and warm ocean breezes welcome you to Pelican Reef Villas. Experience unparalleled luxury, and service that is raising the standards, in one of our 2 or 3 bedroom villas. Pelican Reef Villas blends deluxe amenities and breath-taking views with a discreet location 2.6 Mls South of San Pedro to give your trip seclusion with real panache! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Pelican Reef Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Reef Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Pelican Reef Hotel
- Pelican Reef Resort
- Pelican Reef Villas Resort Belize/San Pedro