Pelican Reef is perhaps the best vacation spot we've ever had the pleasure of traveling to. From the personal welcome (Teri knew our names and greeted us at the cab) to the infinity pool, large palm trees, picture prefect dock and spacious, clean accommodations, we can find nothing but outstanding things to say about Pelican Reef and its fabulous staff.
The resort is located 2.5 miles south of San Pedro, which we found to be an ideal location. It was quiet, peaceful, and there was hardly any traffic on our beach from passersby as there is with resorts closer to town. There are 2 restaurants just a short walk away (Lone Star was fantastic but that's for a separate review, and Black Orchid which was also very good and more of a fine dining experience.) Pelican Reef also provides a complimentary breakfast every morning that was very good, but can't even begin to compare with the spectacular view you have from the tables overlooking the beach and pool as you eat every morning. They also serve lunch, and there are a few restaurants that offer free shuttle service in the area. Victoria House, Casa Picasso and Hidden Treasure (awesome chicken served in a pineapple!) will all come pick you up for dinner and drop you back off after your meal.
The complimentary kayaks were very clean and looked nearly brand new. The beach chairs were very comfortable and clean with thick cushions, and there were plenty of large palm trees and umbrellas if you wanted some shade. The pool area had a great swim up bar, and looked just as impressive and clean in person as it does in the pictures. There is a huge selection of DVD's for movie nights (free to borrow) and each bedroom in the villas had its own TV as well as a larger flat screen in the living room. We were in Villa #1 on the ground floor overlooking the ocean, so we could literally walk out our patio and to the beach.
Everything was better than we ever could have expected, but the amazing staff top the list. They are incredibly helpful, personable and hard working. They provide a true one-stop-shop at the resort, renting golf carts on-site (which we didn't realize was such a luxury until we stayed at another resort who did not provide this service and found out there were $15-$30 USD fees for having a cart dropped off at your resort), making excursion bookings, recommending restaurants and even providing complimentary sunscreen and mosquito spray. Teri even called the airline and tracked down my bag which was lost in Houston, and got it to the resort for us the next afternoon after we arrived, and helped us find the essential toiletries we needed for the first night we were without the bag.
Overall we can't say enough great things about Pelican Reef and its staff. We booked out trip last minute so we could only stay 5 nights and then had to move to another resort for the weekend as PR was booked solid. The last 2 nights we stayed at the opposite end of the island (2.5 miles North of San Pedro) and it gave us an even deeper appreciation for PR's location and its staff. We will definitely be back and will book our dates around PR's room availability this time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Experience Luxury! Swaying Palms, sandy beaches, and warm ocean breezes welcome you to Pelican Reef Villas. Experience unparalleled luxury, and service that is raising the standards, in one of our 2 or 3 bedroom villas. Pelican Reef Villas blends deluxe amenities and breath-taking views with a discreet location 2.5 Miles south of San Pedro to give your trip seclusion with real panache! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pelican Reef Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Reef Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Pelican Reef Hotel
- Pelican Reef Resort
- Pelican Reef Villas Resort Belize/San Pedro