You remember that feeling you got when you were leaving home when you we young? The quezzy feeling in your stomach, the one that told you that you were not quite ready to go, that you needed just one more hug? Well that is how it felt when we left Pelican Reef Villas, our "home" in San Pedro.
Our hostess, Teri, knew all our names from the moment we arrived. We were greeted with cold towels, fruit punch, and we're quickly introduced to the "no shoes" rule. Each morning started with a big breakfast that everyone loved (make sure to try the pancake sandwich, with banana pancakes, and the fresh squeezed orange juice is a must. As for our days there, Teri asked us a few questions and quickly worked up an itinerary of snorkeling, fishing, ziplining, ruins exploration, and cave tubing. I am a calendar driven person, but ther i threw it all away and just wandered down and found Teri, or any of the other wonderful staff, and the would tell me where to go next, it was great! Nothing to worry about, no clocks to watch, if a cab was needed for us to go some where it would appear without us lifting a finger.
On our last full day Teri arranged to have the chef on-site cook up our fishing catch from the day before and it was waiting for us in our room after our day's adventure (even had rice,fries, and salad with it).
The property is high end, with king and queen bed's in room jacuzzis, kitchenettes, granite counters, and more. It is 2.5 miles from town, which was great from our perspective. We loved the peace and quite.
We can't wait until we can save up our pennies to go back "home" and see our "family" in Belize.
Thank you for a wonderful week Teri and crew.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come Experience Luxury! Swaying Palms, sandy beaches, and warm ocean breezes welcome you to Pelican Reef Villas. Experience unparalleled luxury, and service that is raising the standards, in one of our 2 or 3 bedroom villas. Pelican Reef Villas blends deluxe amenities and breath-taking views with a discreet location 2.5 Miles south of San Pedro to give your trip seclusion with real panache! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Pelican Reef Villas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pelican Reef Villas Hotel San Pedro
- Pelican Reef Hotel
- Pelican Reef Resort
- Pelican Reef Villas Resort Belize/San Pedro